Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good way to blow dust off the engine? I don't have an air compressor and not sure I want to spend the money to get one. Little worried about too much air pressure making something come loose.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Leaf blower. :smile:

I currently use an air compressor but the leaf blower has worked well in the past. :)

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Also, feather duster. :)

Believe it or not it works pretty well. I use it on the Bullitt engine compartment as well as the CVPI (daily driver) engine compartment. :)

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Dennis, just a quick note regarding an air compressor...GET ONE! :py1:

Your Mother-In-Law calls you on your cell phone? No problem! She gets 120 psi of distortion in her ear. Good times. :nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Air compressor will work fine, not too much pressure or don't have the nozzle too close, or a can of air used around the computer. After blowing use a microfiber cloth with detailer spray and make it completely dust free. A couple of small paint brushs with soft bristles, about 1/2" and 1" will work, just spray some detailer on the brush.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Cleaning.........

Yes to all of the above..........you can buy a decent air compressor for cleaning for less than $100.00 Also, I have found that a bit of cream off tarter mixed in water and a cotton swab cleans the oxidation off the raw aluminum parts!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Cochese said:
Dennis, just a quick note regarding an air compressor...GET ONE! :py1:

Your Mother-In-Law calls you on your cell phone? No problem! She gets 120 psi of distortion in her ear. Good times. :nerd:
I knew there would be a visual interpretation of this. :lol:

You can also get an air tank. You fill it up at a gas station and hook a hose to it with blower when needed.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
OR

You can use SCUBA tanks because the air is MUCH drier and cleaner. So far I use SCUBA for tires and my impact wrench. Makes wheel removal easy.

For the regulator, pick one up on ebay, cut off the second stage and then attach the air chuck. Tried, tested and works very well for tires and wheels. This is not the solution for heavy air use.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Nothing wrong with using an air compressor as long as its not a commercial one! :shock:

I use my Craftman to get at all the hard places. Note that 2679 is a show car and multiple 1-2-3 finishes over the last 5 years. Yep, one air compressor and Armor all wipes and you're good to go!

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
I use my pressure washer with a good cleaner on low pressure...all ways cover up the electronic giz moes an stuff before i use it....let it set for about 30 mins...then rinse on low pressure...then i use the leaf blower to dry everything...this seems to work for me.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts