Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I read somewhere that our 01 B's came with a factory alarm system...Was I just halucinating or is there a button somewhere to activate it? Thanks for the help!
Shawn

·
Car Whisperer
21,582 Posts
it has the PATS system which is a passive system that automatically arms itself when you lock the car. some have added additional systems to their cars. the computer is chipped to the key which has a chip as well that has to match up for the car to start.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
the 01 alarm system aint much....so i use the ole 9mm :bigguns: to help the alarm do its job a little better :smile:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I might have to look into getting one of yalls fancy alarm system, Im feeling a shot gun! Thanks for the info guys! Im guessing thats what that stupid theft light flashes for?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was told that the "Theft" light that flashes in the cluster is a dummy light only. I may be wrong - and I'm trying to verify this. The chip in the key is correct. Nevertheless, I went ahead and installed the Viper 5901. I'll say this right off the back - it's a paging system and the range is awesome!!! It advertises a 1-mile radius reach between the B and your remote. Now, I haven't gotten exactly 1-mile, but pretty darn close...and the darn thing worked. The only options added were the pin switches, glass breakage, and window remote. I asked about the starter kill switch - but my friend said that the car cannot start without the key (due to the chip)and so I didn't option for it.

IMHO - Money well spent for a little peace of mind.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Having a remote that works that far away (unless it is a rolling code) is a poor idea as people with radio jammers can pick up on the remote fequency and then use it to unlock your car.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
andy-kitt said:
Having a remote that works that far away (unless it is a rolling code) is a poor idea as people with radio jammers can pick up on the remote fequency and then use it to unlock your car.
I was always wondering about this...Ive seen these for sale before for relatively cheap and was wondering why, guess there is pros and cons to all of them! Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
181 Posts
The long range helps in the paging system. I did this test 5 mins ago:

I'm sitting in my office approx 3/4 mi away from my condo. My girlfriend hit the driver's side window with her fist and the alarm went off. The key fob in my hand immediately began to vibrate & audible ring to advise me that the window triggered the alarm.

At this point, I could call the cops or run my ass home to catch the sucker trying to make me a nightmare. For that reason, I love it. As for the stealing of the code stuff - what can I say...that's some complex stuff and I'll chock it up to fate??? I still like the paging feature.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
huli467 said:

I'm sitting in my office approx 3/4 mi away from my condo. My girlfriend hit the driver's side window with her fist and the alarm went off. The key fob in my hand immediately began to vibrate & audible ring to advise me that the window triggered the alarm.

At this point, I could call the cops or run my ass home to catch the sucker trying to make me a nightmare. For that reason, I love it. As for the stealing of the code stuff - what can I say...that's some complex stuff and I'll chock it up to fate??? I still like the paging feature.
Yea that is kinda nifty! I would prolly loose my job running home or to my car though even if i was at a big meeting or something! Nobody touches the Bullitt without permission! lol Thanks!

·
Registered
387 Posts
huli467 said:

If you alarm has a rolling coden you will be OK, I was just making peeps aware.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.