Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys,

here is the deal...

i spent the whole morning on the phone with both the richman foundation AND warner brothers on this whole bullitt licensing deal. i had no idea that warner was even involved but it made the whole issue even tougher. basically they are going to have to send me 2 different contracts- one from the richman and one from warner. they will split the royalties to 5 percent each company. also they will absolutely not budge on the deposit of 10 grand one inch. they feel that if that is not acceptable i know where the door is i guess :sad: i guess 10 grand in hollywood in pennies...

i have decided that if i sell 1,000 shift knobs and 1,000 frames i can make the deposit pay for itself. i know that is alot but i think i can do it. here is where i need your help...

TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW THAT HAS A BULLITT ABOUT THIS POST AND TRY TO GET AS MUCH PARTICIPATION ON IT. EVEN TELL YOUR DEALERS THAT HAVE EM MAYBE THEY WILL BUY SOME FOR THE CARS :smile::)

i am hoping to get the knobs done in about 2 weeks and the frames in about 3 weeks.

prices are...

44.00 for shift knob
66.00 for the frame

total shipped in 48 states would be 116.00
including ups charges. not a bad price for the set i think. i just hope they sell or i am gonna be paying 20-30 percent royalties :sad:

any advanced orders would be GREATLY appreciated so i can get an idea of how they are doing!!!

regards
george

www.mgwltd.com

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i know alot of you guys visit the site but have not registered a user name and password but i would like to beg you to take the time and register and respond to this topic so maybe we can get an idea of actually how many bullitt owners frequent the board :smile:

thanks
george

·
Registered
33 Posts
Will the Bullitt frame look like the SVT/Cobra frame, but say Bullitt on the bottom? I would like one, I also like the knobs. Sing me up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will probably make them 2 ways.

1. bullitt on the bottom and gt logos on the left and right.

2. just bullitt on the bottom.

i cannot use the pony logos on the sides as then i would have to pay 20 percent royalties because i woulds have to pay ford too :mad:

also big news!!!!!

i have found that the dipstick handles are different from the stock gt and cobra for some reason so our handles will not fit. i am going to make a special one for the bullitt afterall and will only fit the bullitt cars. i should have them ready in about 4-5 weeks at 20.00 each also.

to order the shift knob and frame as a preorder( which i would really apprecaite :smile:
please call at 706-793-1770 and put your order in. i am going to keep these orders in a special file and you will absolutely will NOT be charged until they ship!!!! make sure you state the bullitt deal of 66.00 for the frame and 44.00 for the knobs when ordering.

thanks
george

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MGWLTD on 2001-08-22 14:11 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
WOO HOO!!
now i'm excited! just ordered the Bullitt license frame, Satin Dipstick cover, and Bullitt Gripper knob to be shipped (AND CHARGED FOR) at a later date.
After looking at all the pics posted by fellow Bullittheads(& George's) i decided to order the AC control knobs, Headlight switch, E-Brake cover, and Pony Oil Cap ( all in "Satin") to be shipped next week.
hey boys and girls, don't forget that George is a fellow Bullitt owner and is doing all this partly because he shares the same passion and excitement that we do!!!!!

Hey George, this might be a good time to post a couple of more pics of your black Bullitt with your bits & pieces on it!!!
thanks for all your hard work and efforts with all the red tape and politics George!!
i am stoked!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-08-22 15:20 ]</font>

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have one more customer here. I'll be contacting you via phone to place my advance order. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sorry, I can only promise that I will buy the frame. I like the stock knob too much. (An aluminum ball with the Bullitt logo on it might turn my head, though.) However, if you are going to all that trouble to license the logo, put it on everything!! As I (think I) posted in another thread, I've got my eyes on alot of the things you already make, just not the wallet for them as of yet.

I love your new logo, though.

Joe

1,169 Posts
Count me in! I'll call my order in tomorrow for the shift knob and frame. I can wait as long as it takes to get the parts.

·
Registered
225 Posts
George,I'll be acalling you tomorrow.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm in. I'll try to get an order out before the weekend.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Well, I did my part and sent off an order for just about every part MGW offers. I did this not only because it is quality for the money and will look good on the Bullitt but, George is a fellow Bullitthead working hard to please us and our particular nature. If you shop around for similar items for all types of makes you will find that the items from MGW are a great value. Can't wait for shipment to arrive. Thanks George!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Bullittheads particular? us?
oh man, i can't believe you think that!!- LOL

·
Registered
264 Posts
I will be in for a Dipstick and a knob as well as a shift arm.

Contacting you next week to order.

Thx George!

Paul G.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
I think that every Bullitthead should have a spare shifter knob as we have all heard that the brushed aluminum will wear off of the knob in a few years time! I am going to order one and keep the original in a safe place!

About all the other interior pieces: I am going to see 1NastyFordGt's Bullitt next weekend and I am sure that after I see his knobs, :wink: I will be ordering some as well!

Vicki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-08-23 23:58 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts