Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All Ford Show and Swap Meet

The 26th Annual All Ford Car Show & Swap Meet was this last Saturday. Well the weather DID NOT cooperate, it was rainy and nasty the whole week before the show, and it rained on our cars at the show. The turnout was probably less than half what it would have been if the weather would have been nice. Of coarse the day after the show it was Sunny and nice…

http://www.mustang-club.com/wroundup/wrangler_all_ford_show_and_swap_meet_2008.html

Met IMBOC member FordFan (Kerry with a K) had some (not enough) time to visit. Thanks Kerry for the Auto Show brochure. Over all we had a really good time, the day went by really fast, and we will be doing it again.

Missed another IMBOC member and his blown Marauder (RCSignals where were you???)...

Anyway, we had a good time and will be even better prepared for the next time.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Trophies, it is not a judged show, it is a popularity vote, and all cars entered get a ballot. The members of the Oregon Mustang Wranglers (I'm a new member) who put the show on, don't get to vote.

My wife's black 08 was the only 2008 Bullitt there. I guess my GT500 was lumped in with, well looking at the ballot, I don't know which other models mine was lumped in with but it wasn't parked near any of them, they had the four 07~08 GT500’s parked all by themselves. It wasn’t until they were handing out the awards that I even thought about the judging/voting and categories.

There were sure a lot of interested viewers with lots of questions, and I saw quite a few people taking pictures of our black mustangs and of the new car show signs. I guess the signs went over well.

It seemed there were more questions about the Bullitt, it drew a lot of people and they wanted to know more about it. The GT500 seemed to draw a lot of complements and comments about how cool it was and fewer questions, like most people already knew more about it.

1mach1 said:
The weather always seems to be the worst when you want to show your car. The cars look great, Keith. Any trophies?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Gilbert,
That was kinda funny, especially since I think they may have both been in the same category for voting purposes??? There were only 4 GT500's and there were more than 4 empty spots next to our Bullitt.

As I look at it there does seem to be some room for car grouping organizational improvement. Other than noting these car grouping particularities, and there are others, I can't in good conscience be complaining about the details like that until after I have volunteered my time and effort and taken on some of the workload of putting a few of these shows on myself.

00lightning said:
The cars are looking good!!! They wouldn't let you park the cars next to each other?

Gilbert

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! We thought so too, all the complements from attendees didn't hurt either. :smile: We had a really good time.

hickdaddy71 said:
Keith, both cars look great!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.