Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Fellow BULLITT Lovers!

We are getting ready to take online pre-orders for the all new BULLITT Jacket from StangStuff & JH Designs.

This is the first ever Bullitt Jacket licensed by Ford, and is the same high quality as the popular Multi-Logo and Mach 1 Jackets you may have seen before.

There will be only 500 of this design made. It is an all black design, with little fanfare. It has the Bullitt "gas cap" target logo on the front and the official Bullitt logo on the back. Also, the word "Mustang" below that in black. The word "Mustang" being in black - indeed the whole jacket, is understated and free of logos and flashy stuff- just like the car.

With Bullitt being a rather niche market as far as Ford goes, one would have to be a bit of a Bullitt nut to order 500 of these. But I decided to take a chance and hope you will too. I know you will really like your jacket!

I am trying to get these to be sold here on imboc.com. If not, I'll have a site set up soon where you can pre-order. They are scheduled to arrive by early/mid December - just in time for xmas!

The pre-sale price will be $125. If you pre-order, you'll also get free shipping (USA only). We will also offer worldwide shipping on this jacket.

The jacket is already about 10% sold out. Let me know if interested.

FYI: You might also know me as the director of the Mustangs at the Queen Mary Mustang show (5 Bullitt Classes!), where the jacket was unveiled with the help of Chad McQueen, who helped choose the final design.

Thanks!
Jon Schultz
IMBOC Supporting Member
Mach 1 owner, but a huge BULLITT Fan!

UPDATE 12/08!

The Bullitt Jackets are DAYS AWAY! In the port of Los Angeles, they are awaiting Mr. Customs Guy to clear them.

PRE ORDER WEBSITE NOW LIVE!
www.stangstuff.com

Pre-ordered jackets will ship in time for xmas!!!
OR: Pick up yours at the Sunset Showdown 12/24

-Free shipping to IMBOC Members through 12.31.08.

-Pre-order price is $125 (reg. $150).

-Order yours now - 1st come, 1st shipped.

-Own the first ever licensed BULLITT Jacket!

SHIP DATE FOR PRE-ORDERED JACKETS: Monday. December 15.
USA Bullittheads: You'll get it in plenty of time to wrap for the holidays.
Canadian Bullittheads: You SHOULD get it in time for xmas. Put the jacket image in their card if Canada Post is slow.
Worldwide buyers: Will ship by Priority Mail International...1-3 weeks, depending on your postal system

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I just "spoke" at length to Jon, and this looks to be very promising. Jon will be posting more on this soon.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Would make a great gift idea for a Bullitt person

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Not to say I don't love it (I do!) but what about us '01 owner's with the "non-bullseyed logo" on the front?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
installermarc said:
Not to say I don't love it (I do!) but what about us '01 owner's with the "non-bullseyed logo" on the front?
I hear what you are saying Marc.

I think the jacket looks great, and like Jon said - it 'is understated and free of logos and flashy stuff- just like the car' (which is the only kind of jacket I would wear).

But for me, it is too 'NEW Bullitt' because of the target logo. As much as I hate to say it.

Hopefully they all haven't been embroidered yet, maybe something can be done with the front, but the back looks AWESOME. Nice job.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I believe some folks had jackets made a while back (2003?) I can't find the link at the moment. H1RESQ had them done or something. Wow, that seems like 20 years ago.

I wonder how big the bulls eye is on the front. For those who prefer not to have this, perhaps a patch could cover it?

I think Jon said these are already made, I am sure he will answer the question here shortly.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,298 Posts
Ya know, being an 01 owner also, I thought about the BULLITT logo on the front that replicates the 08/09 Bullitts. I think I still want one. The only people that would know that the logo on the front of the jacket was from an 08/09 Bullitt, would be Bullitt owners. I am seriously thinking about getting one. Bill said it would be 'part' of my christmas present. Hummm, wonder what the other part is? :tongue:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm seriously interested, but do you have an actual pic of one? I know you said that "Mustang" is in black, but what color is the rest of the writing? Looks good.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Something For Everyone!

Hello all!

When designing this jacket, I had all Bullitt owners in mind. It is a shame I can not make everyone happy - I really want to! I had some green in a prototype jacket, and that upset the blacks and the blues. Truly upset them. I made these jackets because I am a fan of the Bullitt Mustang. The reason you do not see a lot of Bullitt merchandise is because it is a very niche market. The company I make the jackets with, and even Ford, think it risky to produce a Bullitt-only jacket. You've probably seen the cousin to this jacket - it has 20+ logos all over it. That is one way to appeal to a bunch of owners. I took a chance on more of a longshot.

Just like the car, this jacket is understated. Even the word "Mustang" is in black, and you have to look to see it. This jacket was designed with ALL Bullitt owners in mind. Pre-orders taken at the last Queen Mary Show and the Arizona MCA show were split pretty even between 01s and 08/09ers.

This is also the first ever licensed Bullitt Mustang Jacket. There are a lot of hoops you have to jump through to get "Bullitt" put on anything. There were 13 designs total, and this is the one that most Bullitt owners - and Chad McQueen - like the best. And if Chad does not like it, it does not get approved.

From my experience with my recent Mach 1 Jacket, I know there will be some non-supportive posts. Believe me, when I design a jacket, I take months stressing over the details - even with a low-profile jacket like this one. I do not take this lightly. I know that this jacket will not be for everyone. But from the dozens of Bullittheads I've spoken with, I really think that this design will appeal to a very high percentage of owners (and fans, like me).

The jackets are on the way. 500 of this design will be made. So, be sure to pre-order yours when the links go up soon. You will NOT be disappointed!

Thanks for allowing me to promote my jackets here.

Jon Schultz
President, Beach Cities Mustang Club
eBay PowerSeller (mach1fun)
stangstuff.com (coming soon)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2001, A Jacket Odyssey....

TwoStangWmn said:
Ya know, being an 01 owner also, I thought about the BULLITT logo on the front that replicates the 08/09 Bullitts. I think I still want one. The only people that would know that the logo on the front of the jacket was from an 08/09 Bullitt, would be Bullitt owners. I am seriously thinking about getting one.
Man, you 2001 owners are a tough crowd!

For 2001 Owners, you simply need to look at the back - don't tell the 08/09ers, but that is your trunk logo, and it is HUGE... :) And the small target up front appeals to Bullittheads of all years, not just the later ones.

I now of course will hear it from the later models.. "how come their logo is bigger than ours?" :p

Jon
2003 Mach 1, Azure Blue

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JrzyBullitt said:
I'm seriously interested, but do you have an actual pic of one? I know you said that "Mustang" is in black, but what color is the rest of the writing? Looks good.
I do have a sample and will take photos soon. The "BULLITT" on the back is a full embroidery. It is 2-tone - actually 3-toned, to catch the feel of the official logo, which has a reflection-type fade going up. The word "MUSTANG" is smaller, and it kinda appears as you are looking at the jacket.

The front has "BULLITT" in the same 3-tone. The work is fine and high quality on both sides.

I'll have photos for you soon. For those in the SoCal area, you can se the jacket at the Sunset Showdown Mustang car show. FYI: there are 13 Bullitts registered, and several Bullitt classes offered!

Happy to answer your questions!
Jon

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I want one as well.... where is this elusive sign up list?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Even though, their's may be BIGGER, I still want one.
Hey the color is right!!:b01: :b01: :b01:

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
B-Man said:
I believe some folks had jackets made a while back (2003?) I can't find the link at the moment. H1RESQ had them done or something. Wow, that seems like 20 years ago.

I wonder how big the bulls eye is on the front. For those who prefer not to have this, perhaps a patch could cover it?

I think Jon said these are already made, I am sure he will answer the question here shortly.
Here ya go. The original leather jackets.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Is the new jacket made of leather?

7,020 Posts
BULLITT Jacket is First Rate !

Ok I was at the QMXII and spent time with Chad McQueen and he got the first prototype BULLITT jacket ... I'm getting # 2 so eat your heart out !

Jon's BULLITT Jacket is 'Top Notch' and you will wear it with pride !

BULLITTHEADS be the first on your block to own and wear this BULLITT Jacket !

on your six ... DHG 1005

1 - 20 of 188 Posts