Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm sorry to see that the new tranny isn't any better, and that the fit and finish hasn't improved much since 99 when I bought my *special edition* 35th anniversary.

I truely hoped ford would fix all the poor workmanship.

Looks like if I have this right:

1. Crappy paint (same for me)

solution: mine wasn't too serious and after having a previous car repainted for defects in factory paint, i determined I was much better off leaving it alone (TRUST ME). If you let them repaint anything, it'll chip easier, or have runs, or be foggy, or have massive orange peal. If yours is tolerable, live with it.

2. Clunk noise going into 2, sometimes grinding no matter what you do.

My tranny was replaced at 3500 miles. something to do with the bearing assembly where the yolk for the driveshaft hooks up. Try putting it into first gear, not setting ebrake and rocking car back and forth on flat ground. Should sound like a u-joint going bad and if you have someone look under car, you can see driveshaft bind when it clunks.

3. Electrical problems - If you have things not working, have them replace the fuse block. Mine was cracked internally, and was causing fuses to blow intermittently for all kinds of devices.

Also had turnsignal switch go at 7k.

And e-brake 'dashlight' assembly broke off and kept the light on.

4. Carpet not sticking to doors - yep PITA.

5. Condensation in lights - replaced.

6. Body panels falling off - hood scoops and side scoops - one fell off at dealer during test drive - I should have walked away.

This is just what i can remember.

Good luck with your cars.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Crap.....

Sounds like you got a bad one. Make sure they fix everything!

I had the same problem with a 99 Lightning that I bought. Absolutely everything went wrong with it. 3 Intercoolers, a poor alignment, cupped tires, rear trans housing leaking, 2 pinion seals, 1 leaking throttle body gasket.

These things happen......if you got a bad one, make them fix every single thing and go through the proper channels to get it done.

Paul G.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Damn, you guys are SCARIN' me!!

This my first *new* Ford. I have a '92 Explorer that I bought used last year with 200,000 miles on it for $1,500 and it its been worth every penny. I also had a '66 Mustang coupe 289/4speed from 1977-1980.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Jim S:
I am really sorry for your problems. I hope you document "EVERYTHING" concerning these issues. I had a very similiar experience to PBGas and sold my 2000 Lightning with only 16000 miles on it. In 1999 got a beautiful dress black Police Crown Vic that could not be fixed. After much turmoil got a good attorney and got all my money back (boy did the dealership really like me then!). If your dealer will assign their best mechanic to take responsibilty for fixing your Bullitt, their is very good chance that all well be ok. Please try to work everthing out with your dealer first; then if your getting STONEWALLED get a GOOD attorney and let him or her then do the communication with the dealer. Two things Iv'e learned well in these situations 1)document everything in site and 2)take digital photos of all your complaints. Evidence is power. I wish you the very best luck....DrBullitt

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dr. Bullitt, Jim S. doesn't own a Bullitt. His laundry list of problems concerns his '99 special edition. I guess he's lost in cyberspace and looking for a sympathetic ear.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I took delievery of my Bullitt #226 about a month ago; 1,600 miles and not one problem. Paint seems perfect, all seams fit and flush and the motor is sweet. The rest of you guys are scaring me! I just traded a '99 Camaro SS and it was the one with the laundry list of problems that GM either wouldn't or couldn't fix. That's why I dumped the Camaro just before going out of warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Most of the probs. we're having with our Bullitts are the "Fit and Finish" type and so the majority of us are having no problems getting our Dealers to correct them. So fear not!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts