Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Almost a Bad One Updated With Pics

Friday coming home from work someone pulled out from a side street in front of me. Luckly I was able to avoid her but in the process I scraped against the curb blew the right front tire and I have some serious curb rash on both passenger side rims. I was only going about 35 MPH but it was enough to cause the tire to blow. She stopped and gave me her insurance info but since I didn't hit her it is doubtful they will pay me...

It is lucky because she had her grandaughter with her and by not hitting her may have prevented an injury. Also, I was planning on driving the B up to Dallas for the weekend. The front tires are over 3 years old and have about 35K on them but still haven't hit the tread wear indicators. Not bad for $100 Khumos. One of them may have went on the highway so no telling how bad that may have been. So time for new front tires. Things always happen for a reason, so if curb rash is all I have to repair I feel pretty fortunate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Did you ask her if she would consider paying you out of her own pocket for your damage?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Have a look at local salvage yards for rims, or even e-Bay. Glad everyone is okay.

·
Car Whisperer
20,787 Posts
Glad it wasn't more. Hope you find a good deal on some rims. Are you going to look for OEM or aftermarket and change to 9" or 18's or anything? Be glad to help look since I am looking for parts for friends all the time.

·
Car Whisperer
20,787 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
I am going to see if the rims can be repaired. They look to be just curb rash. SInce I have 10.5 in the rear and I can't replace them I hope they can be...
I have seen some of the work by places that do that, and they do some pretty incredible work so hopefully they can do the same for yours. Once place had some examples you could see to be able to tell. Good luck with that and hopefully too it will be done by the time of the Nats!!!!

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
She stopped and gave me her insurance info but since I didn't hit her it is doubtful they will pay me

hey greg, not so at all... my sallstate insurance agent says as long as she owned up to it , they will pay regardless of if there is contact taht includes the tires , wheels, rent car if applicable , ALIGNMENT , etc....... contact her insurance company/agent and get the ball rolling

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
Man, the last time I looked at this post I don't remember the pics. Maybe I was lurking. Wow, Greg! Is that a huge chunk taken out of that third pic??? Wow!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts