Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I sold my 2004 Cobra vert couple weeks ago and have always loved the 01 bullitts and the 08-09's. Went and looked at wheels off of her's TB 01 but he decided he didnt want to sell. So local dealership still had a left over green 08. Went and drove it yesterday, and man it was fun to drive. I liked it so much more than the 05-09 regular GT's. They were also ready to sell it with them rebating the car 5,250. Well they came to a great price, but come to find out the car had been hail damaged while on the lot. They fixed it really well but I could see the slightest dents in a few spots. And they also buffed the car leaving holograms in it. So I passed. Really wanted it though. If anyone knows where some new left over 08's are on the lots or has a lightly used 08 they want to sell please let me know:dhg08:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I feel ya with the hail damage.... Maybe they'd come even lower??

Otherwise, some definite deals can be found. Have you tried the FORD car locator service online?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jymontoya said:
I feel ya with the hail damage.... Maybe they'd come even lower??

Otherwise, some definite deals can be found. Have you tried the FORD car locator service online?
Yeah I am really anal about cars, so dont want anything to do with hail damage. It is car 3800 for anyone down the road that might see it. I am working on a price for another car I found right now.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
96lasersnake said:
Yeah I am really anal about cars, so dont want anything to do with hail damage. It is car 3800 for anyone down the road that might see it. I am working on a price for another car I found right now.
Me too. That is why I paid MSRP, so I could buy a Bullitt that nobody test drove and only sat in the showroom for a couple of weeks. Now, a car for just transportation is a different story.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BB2008 said:
Me too. That is why I paid MSRP, so I could buy a Bullitt that nobody test drove and only sat in the showroom for a couple of weeks. Now, a car for just transportation is a different story.
Yeah, I dont mind these 08 cars that have been siting on the dealer floors for a year to have some test miles. At least they were started and driven some. I also like the idea of buying a new 08 bullitt for the same price people are asking for them used with 5k miles

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wabirch said:
96lasersnake
If it is of any concern, the 09s have a different intake manifold that prevents changing the charge motion plates. Happy shopping and keep us posted.
Yeah I read that. I am working a deal on a new 08. Will keep everyone posted

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Best of luck with getting the 08. I have heard of some real smoking deals these days. The remaining Bullitts need good homes.

·
Registered
2019 DHG - K4426
123 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
It all depends on the options, the pricing may seem low but it may be a no option car.

Seems some areas the rebate still doesn't apply for some reason.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I pick mine up from Texas Saturday it listed $34,000 paid $26.988 it has Shaker 1000 stereo, HID's & special alarm system plus a few more goodies. Good Luck.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well picked up one today!:dhg08: Drove 3.5 hrs to get it, but got a great price. It is an 08 with the HIDs, theft stuff, ambient lighting etc in DHG. Really loved driving it back. Taped up the front end for the trip home and snapped a few pics. Just washed the car when I got home. Now for the bad news, dont know if I missed it at the dealership or it happened when I hit a pot hole I didnt see driving home but I have a decent scratch on the passenger front wheel:mad: Can you buy the bullitt wheels from Ford like a regular wheel or what? I checked the part number on a ford site and they listed the wheel for 238 plus a 50 dollar core??? Anyway besides the minor scratch to the wheel, it was a great trip. Love the car. I have owned several mustangs and just sold my low mileage 04 cobra vert to get this, and I can say it rides and drives so much nicer. Not as fast but still fun. Here are some pics, and someone help me with the wheel issue.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Looks great man, congrats on the purchase :)

Yes, the wheels are available over the counter from Ford Parts.

That's a great idea, pick up an extra to replace the scratched one, but I would suggest you also buy a tire with it too. Then you can throw the scratched one in the trunk to have as a full size spare.

Have a look at this thread for further details regarding part #'s, etc...
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158945&highlight=spare+tire

1 - 20 of 36 Posts