Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home from school last night (9 PM) down the normal country road, and was cruising at a steady 120 for about 5 miles. I then came upon some cars going the same direction (just a two lane road), with other cars approaching going the opposite direction, so I gradually coasted down to about 80 - 90 when the cars passed me and then I gunned it around the cars in front of me. As I was finishing my pass, I notice one of the cars that was going in the opposite direction, hit there brakes and start to do a three point turn. As I finished my pass I was back up to 110. I was approaching another set of cars and screamed past them, and then entered into an S turn which I also took at 110 to see how the car handled. When I exited the S turn I notice WAY IN THE DISTANCE , some patrol lights, still behind the cars that I have passed. I kept on it for a little while deciding if I should turn down a side road, but just kept going straight. When I saw him coming out of the S turn, with no cars between us, I let off the gas and coasted down to 60 until he finally caught up to me (took him awhile to catch up). So I pulled over and of course he pulled right behind me. When he approached he asked if I knew how fast I was going. I told him pretty fast, but not sure exact speed. He ask me to guess what speed it was cause I was wathcing the road. I told him that it varied alot from 70+ and higher depending on the condition, but that yes I was driving faster than the speed limit. He said I had to be going at least 80. (if only he knew) I told him that yeah, it was probably around that. He than asked why I was going so fast, was I in a hurry. I told him that I wasn't in a hurry, but just enjoying my car. After checking all my info, he asked me if I had been drinking, I told him no (Luckly I didn't have anything), and he asked me to get out of the car. I figured a sobrity check, but he asked me to step to the back of my car and face it, then asked to to cuff my hands behind my head and spread my legs. WOW, my first search, first thought was that he might arrest me for going 80+ in a 55. He searched me from head to toe, and then had me step to the front of the car, while he searched my car, and of course it's clean. He than went back to his car and got my info, and brought it back to me and said that today was my lucky day, that he had to go and was not giving me a ticket, and that if he or anyone else catches my doing this again, I will be given a ticket on the spot. I told him thank you, I appreciate that. I guess he didn't give me a ticket due to he didn't have me on radar, and couldn't verify my speed. Man, I was so far ahead of him at one point that I thought for sure, if I wanted to, I could easily out run him with some of the streets coming up, but I didn't want to chance anything, and thank god I didn't, cause he let me go, with just a scare.

DHG #1785
Stock

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: runningforyou on 2001-12-06 13:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Lucky dog! Not the smartest move, but I would probably have done the same, only they would have arrested me.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I read the WA law. Its interesting that they don't define how fast you need to be going over the posted speed limit before its called reckless driving. So in theory, you could get arrested for driving just 1 mph over (as I read it anyway). I'm sure this will never be the case however.

Perhaps some of the law enforcement folks here will give us their point of view? :smile:

·
Registered
466 Posts
A friend got clocked at 162 in his new C5 Vette a year-or-so ago. First thing the cop asked was "you just get it?" Luckily for him the cop was cool. Gave him credit for stopping and warned him not to ever let him catch him again.

·
Registered
378 Posts
BE GLAD YOUR NOT IN MESQUITE, TX. AROUND HERE LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT WANTS TO PULL ME OVER EVEN IF I AM JUST SITTING STILL. BUT CAN YOU BLAME THEM, BULLITTS ARE SO COOL THAT PEOPLE WILL USE ANY EXCUSE JUST TO GET A CLOSER LOOK AT THEM!!!!!!!!!!

SPEED ON, FRIEND!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
You are SO lucky, and of course you know that.
If that had been me, I wouldn't be writing about it until someone came and bailed me out!

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Each state is different when it comes to wording on reckless operation. If someone is caught going thru traffic at a high rate of speed and the ofc is able to get a plate number or two of the cars he was zooming between then the driver COULD be charged with reckeless operation. AGAIN it alot of it depends on ofc discretion.
Cam

·
Registered
360 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-06 18:00, gatomalo wrote:
BE GLAD YOUR NOT IN MESQUITE, TX. AROUND HERE LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT WANTS TO PULL ME OVER EVEN IF I AM JUST SITTING STILL. BUT CAN YOU BLAME THEM, BULLITTS ARE SO COOL THAT PEOPLE WILL USE ANY EXCUSE JUST TO GET A CLOSER LOOK AT THEM!!!!!!!!!!

SPEED ON, FRIEND!!!!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Gatomalo-doesn't that mean sick cat?? Welcome to the bullittclub.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I do live in Mesquite Gatomalo and have not had any problem. But I have been extremely lucky. But of course it helps that I used to work for Mesquite.

Is your Bullitt black? I saw one at the bank near Poteet one day. That is the only other Bullitt I have seen in Mesquite.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts