Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it's pretty dang close to going back in the car. Got the New Stage II ported heads, VT stage II cams, and Crower springs installed on the heads last week. Just got it all timed and set up on the motor. Spun it over by hand and nothing was binding or hitting. Got to replace the pilot bearing and then it's going back in for a "new" motor tune. 150-200 nitrous tune to follow about a week after the engine is installed.

Couple pics from my phone. not that great but you get the hint.

First time to set up cams, springs, and time the 4.6L. Not hard at all!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Made 276 RWHP and 298 TQ with the stock heads and mild NON-PI cams before I pulled it.

Hopefully I will reach 300-315 on motor with the new cams and ported heads.

450-480 RWHP on the bottle. Every Safety device you can think of for the bottle. I'm not blowing this one up.... All on switches. Dont even have to leave the drivers seat!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
How long has the engine been down, seems like a long time. Good luck with the new power.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Get that thing up and running so that we can see it again!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rblack4405 said:
How long has the engine been down, seems like a long time. Good luck with the new power.
It never was "down" this time. Nothing broke. I just had to pull the motor out to install the ported heads becuase I put ARP head studs in on the last rebuild. Can't just swap heads with it in the car once studs have been put in.

Well, it's probably only been down about 3 months. I just haven't been in a real big hurry to get it all back together. It just chills in the garage....

I've had all the parts just laying around. Just been slowly working on it as I get bored....

It should scream.... HOPEFULLY!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts