Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go out of my way to park away from everyone but somehow some one was able to door ding me on the rear quarter right on the body line so it's totally visable grr... Anyway I hope I can get the dentless repair done on it. I have had good work done in the past so I'll see how it goes...

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
I feel your dismay.

Like you said, hopefully a PDR vendor may render magical wonder on your B.

I recently had a very minor (shallow) ding removed by a Five Star Dent Wizard technician that I have been using for years...it's simply amazing to watch him do his work.

I hope that your ding being on a crease is not an issue (I haven't had one of those...yet).

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,301 Posts
fcastle said:
I go out of my way to park away from everyone but somehow some one was able to door ding me on the rear quarter right on the body line so it's totally visable grr... Anyway I hope I can get the dentless repair done on it. I have had good work done in the past so I'll see how it goes...
It puts a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach, doesn't it? I had that experience a couple weeks ago, when I scraped against the wooden garage door frame and scratched the front right wheel well area. Ugly scrapes, ugly paint residue in the scrapes. I was sick. But, shazam! The magic of Turtle Wax rubbing compound and careful rubbing. Then a new coat of NXT. Buff it all out... good as new! Can't even see where anything happened. I'm sure you'll get your dent restored to the same original condition.

·
Registered
419 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I was on my way to our local Bullitt meet two weekends ago when a truck filled with roofing materials started to litter the interstate...long story short, I couldn't get out of the way fast enough and got hit on the front bumper, hood and roof. I got an estimate for the repairs...$1487. :mad:

After it happended, I must have went in the garage for three days straight just staring trying to figure out why me, when I only take 2236 out on clear, sunny days.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,301 Posts
Answer...

Wbihm225 said:
After it happended, I must have went in the garage for three days straight just staring trying to figure out why me, when I only take 2236 out on clear, sunny days.
I think it's called "Murphy's Law." :wink:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I feel for you... I had one litle dent on the car when I bought it and took care of it right away. The dent was so small that you had to look at the right angle to see it, but I knew it was there. I also scrapped the finder after a week old pulling it in the garage and luckly it was siding and it came right of with a damp cloth. My wife was yelling at me for not parking in the middle of the garage and to this day I park in the middle...hope it all works out for you

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Chemicalman said:
I feel for you... I had one litle dent on the car when I bought it and took care of it right away. The dent was so small that you had to look at the right angle to see it, but I knew it was there. I also scrapped the finder after a week old pulling it in the garage and luckly it was siding and it came right of with a damp cloth. My wife was yelling at me for not parking in the middle of the garage and to this day I park in the middle...hope it all works out for you

This was my first stick shift car, so I didn't even attempt to park it in the garage for the first 3 or 4 weeks; I had my fiancee pull it in for me. I still keep my crash barrier paper towel roll in operation just in case. :D

The dealer replaced my AC compressor and took a chunk out of my front bumper cover. They replaced it, and then less than a month later I skinned the bottom of it on a steep driveway in Myrtle Beach at the Bullitt Nationals this summer. Sometimes you just can't win. :hrm:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Well, think of it this way - now you won't have to drive-around in "dread" of the First Dent/Scratch!

You're FREEE!..................

·
Registered
237 Posts
Paul, I know how you feel. It's been 6 months, I was on the express way, car in front of me hit a piece of steel, I seen it comming and I swerved right but it still hit the left rear quarter. Makes me sick every time I look at it. They smoothed out the dent, and hand painted the one inch scratch with a brush. It does look good but I still know it is there. Option 2 was have the side painted front bumper to rear bumper. Good luck it will take a while to get over.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
dents irony of it all

seems no matter how far i park away from everything and im talking far so far that the wife complains about having to walk that some beater or truck just has to cozy up in the next spot or the bullitt seeking shopping cart tries to find its way toward the car

·
Registered
371 Posts
BB2008 said:
This was my first stick shift car, so I didn't even attempt to park it in the garage for the first 3 or 4 weeks; I had my fiancee pull it in for me. I still keep my crash barrier paper towel roll in operation just in case. :D

The dealer replaced my AC compressor and took a chunk out of my front bumper cover. They replaced it, and then less than a month later I skinned the bottom of it on a steep driveway in Myrtle Beach at the Bullitt Nationals this summer. Sometimes you just can't win. :hrm:

You went the cheap route....

You could have always gotten one of these...
http://www.mygaragestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1022

But whatever works is the key here..

·
Registered
59 Posts
This reminds me of my first new Mustang, a 65 Fastback GT (dark Ivy Green of course). I worked at a Westinghouse plant at the time; and the vast parking lots would only fill about half way. That left a giant empty area at the rear of the lot. I always put the Fastabck all the way at the rear, in no-man's land, where no other cars ever ventured. Upon leaving work one day, I couldn't believe it.... from afar, it looked liked another car had parked right next to mine. When I finally got out there, it was a 1959 full size Mercury right up close to me. There were no other cars around, just hundreds of empty spaces. Well, that year Merc had these real pointy projections sculptured in the side/doors; and one of those projections had left a big dimple in the side of my new car. I waited around about an hour for the nut-case to come out, but he never showed up. I left a note on his windshied, calling him every four, five, and six letter name in the book. I also left my name and phone number (things were more simple back then). I never saw the car again, nor heard from the guy; but the car carried that dent until I traded it in on a new 69 Mach-I. I don't think we had paintless dent removal back then or I would have had it fixed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
A few weeks back I had just got my car back from having my SHR louvers installed. Some of you might remember that someone had smashed a rear quarter panel window and left some scratches and chips in the requiring some refinishing work. The body ship blended the work into the door as well.

Well a couple of days later I'm shopping with my wife, I'm in a parking lot with nobody around me, we run into a store and we're out in no more than 10 minutes. Still nobody around me but I have wicked door ding. The nerve of some people.

Anyways I went the dentless repair route. They didn't a pretty good job of removing the dent but the clear coat chipped in a couple of spots (since it was still pretty fresh). It's barely noticeable and at some point in time I may decide to get the door resprayed.

It's really frustrating though that some people can be such idiots.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Just a little cheaper way

Chemicalman said:
You went the cheap route....

You could have always gotten one of these...
http://www.mygaragestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1022

But whatever works is the key here..
The cheap version of this is to hang a yellow tennis ball from the garage ceiling so that you stop the car when the ball touches the windshield. Sounds crazy but works. Guess it looks a little strange though.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I have a table saw ( Lowe's $87)stored in the front of the Bullitt.

If I need to use the saw, I have to remove the Bullitt. Over the saw I store the hose for the shop vac
(Home Depot $38).

When I pull into the garage I stop as soon as I see movement in the hose laying over the saw.

That means the bumper is about 2-3 inches from the saw, and about four feet from the garage doorway.
Priceless... ;-)

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
David you never cease to amaze me with your dazzle!! :lol::lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts