Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Well as some of you know Bullitt 227 has had a lot of problems with well over two months of cumulative time in the shop. Front end painted 4 times and a NEW Engine. The dealer took the car back to fix the cowl, replace the headlight that they scratched when putting in the engine, check the new engine out and fix the plastic trim that covers the stereo and air conditioning. I got the car back yesterday afternoon and so I drove it to work this morning. Here in California one of the main freeways is 101. I’m heading home from San Rafael to Windsor. I’m in Petaluma when I see this nice 68 Camero. KEWL, traffic is slow, but maybe a little fun anyway. I reach down to turn off the traction control, like I always do<G>. Hey the button is gone and a cover is in it’s place??? What the heck!!!

When I got the car back something looked funny, but I could not put my finger on it. Well it was the lack of Traction Control button. They had messed up the plastic cover when the repaired the stereo. So they put a new one on. What I don’t understand is how they could take the traction control button out and put this plastic cover just like the one where the running lights go, but not tell me? They had to know they had removed it???

I guess the good news is that the Camero did not want any action;-)…

Just wanted to share this with everyone.

Bud's Bullit #00227
http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BudACAD on 2001-11-16 00:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-11-16 02:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oh jeeeeez! I can't believe that!!!!! It really, really gripes me when they can't fix the car as it was before, or at least KNOW how it's supposed to be/look.

Back in January of 1998, I got into an accident in my Avenger....slid on "black ice" and the front bumper got torn up...so, the insurance had it replaced. Now, it is the day BEFORE I am to hop in my U-Haul and move across the state to be with my hubby...I go to pick up my car and....low and behold, SOMETHING does NOT look right....I'm walking around, checking it out and BINGO!! It hits me....they put a 1998 FRONT END on my 1996 Dodge Avenger. I don't know what you know about these cars, if any, but they redesigned the bumper and it was TOTALLY wrong, the newer one is pointed an sharp looking, the 1996 is smooth and rounded!! I was like "don't you people KNOW this is the wrong front end?!" The manager of the body shop had NO clue and acted dumb...jeez! I couldn't figure out how they could make such a HUGE mistake...but then again, my hubby said the bumper probably come in, got painted and stuck on my car with nobody knowing that it wasn't the right year bumper, they just do what they are told. Anyway, I grabbed their phone and called my insurance agent right there and told her, she spoke to the manager and told him it must be in the same condition as before...he reluctantly agreed and they fixed it that day! Jeez!

It's a shame though, it really is...makes taking your car in for repairs or service a total nightmare!!! You gotta walk all around, search inside and out, make SURE it looks the same as before!! If it's something small that's not right, I tend to overlook it now, rather than risk getting something ELSE ruined when I take it in for repair!

Good luck with getting it taken care of, I hope they fix it up right for you!!

Bubbles

·
Registered
509 Posts
Well, which is it!! Is your TC permantely ON or OFF?? It has to be one or the other.

·
Registered
540 Posts
when i hard wired in my radar detector to the factory sterio i had the bright idea to try and leave the switch out too. it defaults to the on position and without the switch you don't have the choice to turn it off. no switch = always on.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TC perminatly on;-(...

The mechanic says he put the button on but forgot to punch out the cover on the new pannel. I'm stopping by tomorrow so they can pull it off for me;-)...

We still have to set up a time for all the other problems, but at least I have my car back for a while. Off all next week, so maybe I can spend some time driving it<G>.

Thanks.

Bud

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went by the dealer today and they put the traction control back on;-)... The button was not under the plate so the mechanic just messed up;-)...

Bud who can now turn off Traction control.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Glad to hear things are getting closer to normal for you Bud, slow at it may be. I'm not exactly sure what my temperment would be if I had to put up with what you have, but happy to hear your baby is home. Now, GO GET THAT 68 CAMARO :grin:

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a runin with a 2001 GT that was brand new. The wife and I were on the way back from the Dealership and there was lots of traffic. I stopped at the green light so I would'nt block the intersection and this NEW GT runs up behind me honking his horn and spinning his tires. Well, I chirped mine a little bit and sat there. Traffic moved up some so I went across the intersection and he followed. Still honking like a crazy little boy;-). No place for me to go. He keeps honking at me and the car in front of me changes to the other lane. That leaves me a little room to move forward, but I sit there because he is such a $%^# :wink:... Now he's really hot, acting like he is going to get out of his car. I role my window down and just smile in the mirror at him<G>. At 41 I don't get as ticked off as I did at 21<G>. But I did roast the tires once and cover him in smoke and rubber<G>. He ends up going around me all ticked off using his favorite 4 letter words<G>. I just waved number one at him as he drove away;-)... But wouldn't you know I didn't remember to turn off the Traction Control;-)...

Take care.

Bud

PS when I talked to the service manager, he told me that they for sure have put an engine in one other Bullitt and expect to see more in. Ugggg He also told me no GTs have had this problem, just Bullitts. That's three in my area that I know of for sure. But on the good side, maybe every 5 thousand miles or so instead of changing the oil, i'll get the dealer to change my motor<G>.

Take care.

Bud who is going out to Wash 227, it's really dirty from the Rain here in Northern California!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts