Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am extremely jealous of you guys that live at or near sea level! At 6200 ft my Bullitt puts out only about 205 RWHP! That SUX! The only way the car would be close to you lucky ones would be a blower or turbo putting out 500 plus HP! Cant wait to retire so I can move back to VA BEACH! Keep smiling you low altitude Bullittheads!!!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
shocky13 said:
I am extremely jealous of you guys that live at or near sea level! At 6200 ft my Bullitt puts out only about 205 RWHP! That SUX! The only way the car would be close to you lucky ones would be a blower or turbo putting out 500 plus HP! Cant wait to retire so I can move back to VA BEACH! Keep smiling you low altitude Bullittheads!!!

Will Do :shine: :shine: :shine: :shine: :shine: :shine: :shine: :shine: :shine: :shine: :shine: :shine: :shine: :shine: :shine:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Good to see another Bullitt in Cheyenne. I am extremely happy with mine here, although I do notice the power difference in all my vehicles even going down to 3K-4K feet. Kind of spooky ours are even close in Serial numbers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Comrade

Is that the Blk Bullitt they had in town? I almost bought that one but waited for the HG one, blk is nice though! Took the car to Casper on Thanksgiving and just 2000 ft lower really woke her up! The only mods I have done is a green filter, pypes mufflers, Diablosport tune and Royal Purple oil. Saving up for a blower but don't want to trash the warranty too soon as have only had it a year...Hope to see you around when this damn blizzard clears up!

·
Registered
628 Posts
No I just got mine out of a town south of Salt Lake city. I couldn't find a new '08 in the whole state, and the few black ones I found in CO wouldn't come near what I paid for mine in UT. I see Laramie now has a new '09 HG though. I am hoping to get some wheel time Saturday, luckily I had mine out for a little while yesterday before this snow came in.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
shocky13 said:
Scott,

Do You mean like this ???

:rotfl: :hyper2: :rolling: :-D :-B :toocool: :shine:

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow!! Terry that is a scary/funny picture! Anyways, by next year I should have figgered out EXACTLY what route to 500hp I will take, until then the car fund will just keep growing!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
shocky13 said:
Wow!! Terry that is a scary/funny picture! Anyways, by next year I should have figgered out EXACTLY what route to 500hp I will take, until then the car fund will just keep growing!
Hey Scott,

Saving for Mods is what (Most) of Us here do on IMBOC ........

OK, then try this 1 ........

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It's not that big of a deal.

All cars are affected by altitude. You really want to see power drop off, try driving a supercharged car at about 10-11 feet in Colorado.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Done That!

You are correct! Many years ago I drove my 91 5.0 up to Rocky Mtn. Nat. Park, 10000 plus feet...Not only did the car run like molasses uphill, so did I! Oh well, at least everyones on equal footing!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I see Shocky hasn't been on in a while, just found out his B, or should I say formerly his, is at the local Ford dealer. Went in to look at it since it is just over 100 cars newer than mine according to the VIN. The dealer is claiming it puts out 500 hp, has the V3 on it and only about 9K miles. Asking just under $27K, car is very clean.

http://www.spradleybarrcheyenne.com...cheyenne-5d56bd730a0a006501af347913d61269.htm

Thought I'd offer them my B and $2K but I got the feeling that wasn't going to pick this car up.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I get any closer to sea level my Buliitt would be a submarine...LOL

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
While it is correct your B is down on HP & Torque, in comparison to the other cars on the road, you are still ahead of most.

That said, who doesn't want a little more?? (or a LOT more as the case may be)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts