Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be posting this in the wrong place, but is there anyone who makes aluminum valve covers for our 4.6's? I'm showing my age and nostalgia here, but I like a "nice looking engine" when I raise the hood. Does anyone know about the availability of these?

Richard

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
There is someone that make carbon fiber ones for the 2V cars. I think I heard $650 for the pair.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Aluminum covers without sound-deadening will probably transmit quite a bit of noise from the heads. OEM went to plastic not only to save weight, but also for less noise transmission. Quiet aluminum covers will probably be expensive ....if you can find them!
I agree that they would add a nice touch.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I think I'm going to get my engine plated in gold for better cooling (such as the mcLaren) as well as looks...forget aluminum... :lol: ...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the reponses. I guess this proves how cheap I am....$650 vs plastic, I think I'll prob keep the plastic! :smile:

Richard

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
..was just reading the install......."remove injectors.....coils......brake booster....." I would still buy, but may not install for AWHILE!!!! And, the alum paint on plastic would look SOOOooooo sharp! lol
Richard

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I was hoping to see some valve covers, but then i saw the pic and was think uncover the valves

1 - 9 of 9 Posts