Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my aluminum driveshaft, I can't wait to get it. Did anyone have any snags installing it? It sounds pretty easy. I can't wait for the test drive!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Make sure you have a helper to put the brake on while you loosen and tighten. I could tell a big difference in noise. It was almost like putting on a new set of quieter tires, even the wife noticed it was quieter.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Buy it from www.fordspeed.com. They had it on sale for $169 two weeks ago. Maybe they will still give you the sale price. Contact Joe Bonczek @ 800-683-7099 and tell him John Lenyszyn referred you. He has been cutting me some good deals. Their shipping charge was cheap as well. They ship the same day you order.

John

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought mine from Fordspeed in Florida. Joe is one cool dude. I paid 172 after shipping.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I would think a half hour to one hour max at what ever the going shop rate is. Maybe $30-$60 dollars.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got mine from Joe too. Really nice guy. They had a problem with shipping and was supposed to meet me in NC in three days. He called me the day before and said they had a problem and were going to overnight it, no extra charge. It's super easy to install. All you need is a 12mm wrench and some Lock Tight to put on the bolts when you're putting it all back together. Read some of the threads on the site. Some of the BullittHeads have got some great photos on how to install it. :grin:

·
Registered
543 Posts
If you take it to a shop to install it should cost more than $25. With the car up on a lift it is a 10 minute job. If the rear of the car is slightly higher than the front you will not loose a drop of tranny fluid.

John

·
Registered
119 Posts
Diversified Products. $159. It's too easy to put on so don't pay anyone to do it.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The salesman I bought good ol' 2759 from hooked me up with a mechanic that works at the dealership. He does work after hours, there at the dealership. I don't know how he gets away with it. But, he charged me twenty bucks. Took fifteen minutes. He'll be installing my gears and chip too. Dealer service at a 1/4 the cost.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
DOES ANYONE HAVE A ACTUAL FORD PART NUMBER FOR THE DRIVESHAFT?? ONE PLACE SAYS THE 98 IS THE SAME THING, IS THIS TRUE??

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
the part number from the Ford Racing catalog
is M-4602-J
that is the same part number FordSpeed used when i bought mine from them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts