Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the installation of my aluminum driveshaft. It went very well thanks to the tips from PBGas on an earlier post. Did a short road test. It seemed to wind up a little quicker. I also removed the mooseballs. What a hunk of junk.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
mooseballs as in that big hunk of rusty metal?? my shop told me to leave it in.. i asked him and he said that it dampens the vibration and whiny noise... and i also have the 3.73 gears.. what should i do?

·
Registered
77 Posts
We haven' t installed the shaft in my son's Bullitt yet (too damned cold here) but I recall an earlier post where someone said the "moose balls" were mainly for the original setup. Harmonic balancers are "tuned" to a specific combination or parts and therefore, won't help with the aluminum driveshaft.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you are correct about the mooseballs are for the original setup. I did not get any noise or vibration when I road tested it. In fact it was smooth and quiet. I say take em off and save the weight.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
same for me, after the AL drive shaft install I noticed a LOT of noise reduction. Few months later I removed the weight on the differential and did not notice any difference in noise during different speeds and RPMS.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I installed an aluminum driveshaft as well....but i was afraid to get too close to the moose balls! :-B

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yup..... no one likes touching the Moose Balls. Too rusty!

Seriously...I haven't even removed mine yet! I will take them off one of these weekends. As previously posted...it is setup for use with the steel shaft. Once you remove that shaft, then basically you change all of the dynamics.

Paul G.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Would someone please tell me what part# you ordered. I went to the site that was shown however, only lists up to a 98 model year.
Thanx BULLITT837

1 - 9 of 9 Posts