Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks....

Just wondering if anyone is putting the FMS Aluminum Driveshaft on their Bullitts? I ordered mine on Friday and hopefully it will be here and I can put it on next weekend.

Paul G.

·
Registered
959 Posts
That is one of the next mods I want to install. Let us know how it works out. Supposed to eliminate some driveline vibration.

Brian

·
Registered
310 Posts
How much for the aluminum driveshaft and where was it purchased from. Right now I am waiting first for my Bullitt to get out of the shop and then second for my Tri- shifter! Thanx Havgun

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Havgunwiltrav on 2001-06-11 09:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with Diversified Products Marketing. The phone is busy very often but you will get through if you keep trying. They have excellent service and prompt delivery.

http://www.buyfordmotorsport.com is their web address.

Part # is: M-4602-J (this is for 96-2001) Price is $149.00.

Paul G.

·
Registered
959 Posts
ONe thing, I wonder if it will fit our new 3650 Tremec tranny??

Brian

·
Registered
959 Posts
You might check back with them. I emailed them and noted that we have the new 3650 tranny and they said they didn't have a driveshaft to fit.

Brian

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm.......

Didn't know that the length of the tranny was any longer. By telling them that you have a 3650 you may have confused them.

It may still be the same length. I will have to measure an older GT and compare it.

Paul G.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Length was one thing but I was wondering of the youke splines or spline count were different. Anyway, let me know if yours works and I'll get mine coming.. :smile:

Thanks.
Brian

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good point!

I am going to have to check into this....

I will let you know.

Paul G.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok.....I checked the other forums and no one seems to answer.....so, I will get the ol tape measure out. If the length is the same, chances are the spline will be the same on the two transmissions. I will check the ID tags on both driveshafts.

You'll have to wait till the weekend for this.....unless of course someone else finds out.

Paul G.

·
Registered
959 Posts
No problem waiting. Just let us know if it slides on.

Brian

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's funny you know.......I tried both Corral and Stangnet and nothing....not even a bite.
I guess then that I have to be the guinea pig in the this situation. I can't believe that no one out there with a post-Feb GT has not tried to put in the driveshaft. Wow....

So be it.

When the shaft comes in, I will post my results. As long as I can return it, there shouldn't be any problem.

Paul G.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Let's hope you didn't get the "shaft"... :lol:

·
Registered
959 Posts
PBGas.. was just at my dealer and they called Ford Racing about the driveshaft. They said the new tranny was a direct replacement so the current driveshaft should bolt right up. Let me know for sure when you get yours and I'll get mine picked up. Looks like we will be OK though.

Brian

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome!

thx a bunch for checking Brian!

It should be here by Monday of the upcoming week. I will post here when it is in and working!

Paul G.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Ford Racing also offers an aluminum driveshaft in their catalog!
one and the same?????

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-06-13 14:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yes, one in the same.

Brian

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
thanks also Brian!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
PBgas,

The part number on the site you have gives a price of 179.00 and lists for model years 96-98? Did you call them and they gave you this info?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts