Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the benefit of just adding an Alum D/S.. is it quieter or better balanced? I don't want to change gears just yet, but if I can get rid of some of the road hum.. I'm for it.. any feedback from the folks with the shiny drive line-

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
It's just something to do.
Actually I did get rid of a lot of hum when I went to the aluminum DS. Wasn't expecting it to be that much but it was in my case. I would not guarantee it because when I researched the pros of the ADS noise reduction was seldom mentioned.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've seen alot of talk over a aluminum shaft i'm sold. Please give me the correct part# to order along with a good company to order from.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Added mine and it is NO BIG DEAL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kpartchracing on 2002-01-21 16:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kpartchracing on 2002-01-21 16:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
140 Posts
Got mine at GEFRACING.COM. Part #M-4602-J. Cost $149.95 + shipping.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have had my Bullitt, #4693, DHG, since October and have made any modificarions, yet. I was going to wait until after the first service at Ford before I started fooling around with it. I'm in the dark about alot of these mods that you all are talking about. The last car that I had with any muscle was a 93 Corvette w/FI. Obviously there have been some changes since 1967. Can I get some answers to some questions that I have without my coming off as too stupid? I,m still trying to find out if there are any real benefits to an aluminum driveshaft, aside from lighter weight? Whart is a "densecharger ? Will 3.73 gears be too low for long distance, high speed highway driving? That's about it for now. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
202 Posts
OOPS! In my previous reply I said I have made mods on my car but it should read that I have NOT made any mods yet. Alos that was not a 93 Corvette it was a 63 Stingray. Sorry for the bad editing over here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts