Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,. So the up date on my Bullitt is that the cylinder head on the passenger side had a bad valve guide which caused the lifter and something els to go bad which also caused "some minor damage" to the actual cylinder head, and not to mention the ticking coming from the driver side cylinder head. So I had some choices; machine the heads, put stage heads and cams on a 72K motor, or get a new engine assembly. Well I decided to go with a new engine. Now here is the problem, It's a Mach 1 motor. Don't worry its complete form t-body to oil pan, even includes the wiring harness and a diablo programmer with the Mach 1 fuel maps and everything. My question is this. Would I still be a Bullitt after the swap? Does anyone have any input on this?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I've been thinking of doing that same swap when the time came.

And yeah IMHO your still everybit a Bullitt... just slightly modified. lol

·
Premium Member
6,224 Posts
Did the Mach engine come from a standard or auto Mach?? Hope it was from a standard tranny'd Mach.

oh...and yes, it's still a Bullitt! :bigguns:

No one will laugh at a Bullitt with a Mach engine in the engine bay like below:

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Damn Javier!! You're gonna have to let me know when you get the motor in. Is the motor stock? Glad you found a motor man, good luck with it. And hell yes it's still a Bullitt. No one will ever know if you keep the hood closed.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Ah... it's getting the motor put in it that the Bullitt SHOULD have had from the factory! Good luck on the upgrade. Hope all goes well. You should be real happy with it in the end.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
still a Bullitt for sure!!

now if you put a rice'd body kit on it, not it won't be in that state :D lol

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
If it came from Ford as a Bullitt it will always be a Bullitt.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Still a bullitt but put some mods on that mach 1 engine and make some vids. should be a fun ride

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
No, now it's a Bullach!

Or mebbe a Mullitt?

:lol:

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
Still a Bullitt for sure, but if you are in doubt, you can stick that 4V in mine and you can have my genuine Bullitt motor :) lol.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
JC2954 said:
No, now it's a Bullach!

Or mebbe a Mullitt?

:lol:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
still a bullitt minus the ticker. goodluck!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think that I'm going to refer to it as a Mullitt from now on. Great suggestion by the way JC2945 it has a nice ring to it. I really hope it all does goes well. The only thing that I have to port over is the alternator and reuse the TB cables. I do have a couple of questions though; Do I have to upgrade my fuel pump, and if so what size/kind SVT focus or Cobra? is it better to stay with the original clutch cable or get a new one from UPR. Will LT headers help or hinder the Mullitt? Will upgrading to a 90mm MAF do any good? Thanks for all the posts guys and I will be taking pictures and hopefully some video of the install.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Still a BULLITT ... What else would it be ... ???

Ask this question in reverse ... Why would this NOT be a BULLITT ... ???

After all ... the 2001 BULLITT was basically the fore-runner / test-bed in many ways (or many parts) to the later-developed 2003-2004 MACH I.

Both SE(s) were designed by the same genius Scott Hoag.

Folks that didn't get one or the other when they were new has been on Ford since to bring them back out (which is one of the reasons the 2008/2009 BULLITT is here).

The bottom line is the engine alone doesn't necessarily make the car a "BULLITT" IMO.

I'd say you're still very much a BULLITT. :smile:

Reactions: DavidMidgley
1 - 20 of 31 Posts