Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I stupid? I ordered some parts from Mustang Parts Specialties online, (www.stangparts.com) and I expected them to work. Now I’m not a Rocket Scientist but here’s what happened.

I ordered for my ’93 a used Power Mirror Control Switch and a used GT combination Headlamp/Fog Lamp Switch. Now I realize that these are used, but I EXPEXT THEM TO AT LEAST WORK!!!! I called up Mustang Parts Specialties, long distance of course, no 1-800 number, and they said sorry, too bad so sad!!!!!

What’s up with that??

Is this what customer service has come too? I’m looking at spending hundreds of dollars and they won’t give me store credit for a $30.00 switch?

I’m taking my business for my THREE Mustangs elsewhere.

Am I Stupid?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm expecting something from them any day now. If I have any problems I'll post them and we'll make sure nobody ever uses them again. Sorry to hear about your switch.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
not only is that BS but crazy, how do they expect to keep business if they sell junk. I cant believe that. Thanks for the heads up. I would write them a nasty letter and let them know how you have already posted the problem yo had with them on the site.

ANd NO you are not stupid.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
sorry to hear. i'm planning to put driving lights on my bullitt, and i won't be using them.

i believe customer service should be job one!! :eek:

·
Registered
144 Posts
A nasty letter at this point will not be necessary. You listed it with a very passionate group of Mustang owners. I would just let them know that the message is out about their customer service or lack of it.

:-B

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well, auto parts stores will not gaurentee those parts even when new and usually won't take them back after they've been purchased and opened. Why? Because people who buy these parts don't usually bring them back in the same condition as they were when new. Packaging messed up, the item itself no longer looking new (has been scratched or scuffed), that kind of thing, make it impossible for them to resell. When it comes to used electrical parts, they will at least give you the answer that they gave you. As you bought those things from a wrecking yard and they are used parts there is no way they can gauranty that it will work, even if it looks like it's never been used. As a matter of fact, there is usually a disclaimer associated with these kind of parts at wrecking yards or auto parts stores and in essence it says "Buyer beware". Anyway, sorry to here you had a problem with the parts and your predicament.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts