Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot really say I am amazed by this as much as it confirms my suspicion about all of these people. But even Bono, the man who wants us all to give to the poor, is there protecting his stash.

One of those do as I say not as I do.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=2874992&page=1

A snippet of the story.

U2, the Rolling Stones, movie stars, sports figures and a host of corporations have turned to an unlikely accountant, the Netherlands, to help them avoid paying taxes on multimillion dollar profits in their home countries.
Bands like the Rolling Stones and U2 were publicly outed last summer for using tax shelters in the Netherlands to protect the millions they earn on royalties from getting taxed in their respective home countries.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I like U2 as a band, but I disagree with much of the B.S. that Bono spews. Unfortunately, he is not alone in this . Like many celebrities, he is a hypocrite. They think that because they are famous they have the right to tell us what we should do with our money, meanwhile they are spending $6000/night on a hotel room.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
No amazement. Bewilderment :confused: as to why you would even think of listening to what these money grubbers have to say or what they do. Like that man said "Dork".

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
In most European countries, they take a VERY large slice out of your income for taxes. Of course they have universal medical care, among other things, which we can`t seem to manage. I understand why Ringo lives in Monaco to avoid "The Tax Man" but, Bono I don`t get. I thought the Irish government didn`t tax artists and writers, actors, musicians, etc. fell ino the "artist" category.

Ah, I just read the story.
Ireland changed the law.

Frankly, I don`t blame the Stones or U2 or any of them for finding ways to keep as much of what is theirs as possible.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DavidMidgley said:
No amazement. Bewilderment :confused: as to why you would even think of listening to what these money grubbers have to say or what they do. Like that man said "Dork".
Not listening to these people. Never have. This was more of a statement than anything on my part.

It just kills me they wing their way around this world, mainly Bono, wanting geverments to pay for this and pay for that but they have no desire to help the goverment pay for anything.

Again do as I say not as I do

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Doc Coffin said:
Frankly, I don`t blame the Stones or U2 or any of them for finding ways to keep as much of what is theirs as possible.
I'd want to keep all my money too, but that point is like Jeff said. They say one thing and do another.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Frankly said:
Then they shouldn't go preaching to everyone on how the government should spend money for their agenda. It just proves the point that there are many people who want the government to come to their rescue while at the same time trying to figure out how NOT to pay taxes...and then to top it off start preaching on why the government should bail Joe Slacker out of a situation he got himself into in the first place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts