Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really sets the rear wheels out to fill up the wells exactly like the front wheels. The car was meant to look like this IMHO.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Agreed Dennis.
I recently bought and installed the 30 mm spacers. And you are right, the car looks so much better now. The rear wheels fit the wheel well and look proportional to the spacing on the front wheel and wheel well. Other Mustangs look really funny/odd to me now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BC on 2001-10-21 15:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hi All

I have been thinking about doing the same thing...my question is..how will this affect handling of the car. Or will it at all. It is improves it, or does nothing, I will order some myself.

·
Registered
152 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-21 16:33, Bullitt1853 wrote:
Hi All

I have been thinking about doing the same thing...my question is..how will this affect handling of the car. Or will it at all. It is improves it, or does nothing, I will order some myself.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

after installing them on my car, i noticed a difference. the rear felt more stable in the corners. I didnt notice any negative effects. The look alone is worth the money!!!! I will have some more pics of the spacers and springs shortly, i just have to develop the film.

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I think the spacers helped the handling on cornering as well as high speeds. The car seems to stick better and feels more stable and predictable. The car seems happier, I know I am.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's another pic from directly behind the leaft rear wheel. Note the flushness of it, the molded rear mudguard, and the MGW plate frame. Enjoy!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Dennis,

Where can I get a set of those spacers?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi 196 and all!
Go to http://www.maximummotorsports.com to order them. I went to college in San Luis Obispo and have an affection for companies from there, besides they offer excelent and prompt service.
Here's one more pic from three-quarters:

·
Registered
822 Posts
So..I am just checking..I went to the site you suggested. Did you buy the $170 pair..(damn..I didn't think they were that much). Could you post what size and the price that you paid for yours. Cool..thanks.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I went with the $169.95 30mm size which looks proportional to the front wheels. I think any wider would be too much as far as looks go and any less would not be enough.

Also I noticed in the catalog that Maximum Motorsports sends out with your order that their "shop car" that they do their racing and suspension shootouts with uses a 30mm offset on their racing wheels. I would think that the spacers would be close to accomplishing the same thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BC on 2001-10-21 19:23 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did the exact same thing as BC. They arrived in three working days to Tucson using regular UPS ground.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have the spacers from H&R and YES, they do come with extra lug nuts and NO, you don't have to cut any of the length of your original studs if you go with 30mm or wider. Not sure about 25mm or smaller. And YES they look damn good and make all others look out of place. You don't see any Bimmers or Ferraris running around with their wheels tucked way under the fenders, I wish Ford would just spend a little to extend the axles 30mm longer and make a car that looks more complete instead of a car that has evolved in bits and pieces. OK, I'm done.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Glad to help, and happy you got a set from them while they were still in stock. The spacers are in the products section of the new MM&FF mag and Maximum Motorsports is the distributor listed so I'm sure they will have a run on them.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have the 30mm on mine and they match the front tire to fender distance perfectly. I think the 35mm or larger would be a little much IMHO. Then again 5mm is less than 1/4"??

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-25 12:57, Bullitt#4660 wrote:
I have the 30mm on mine and they match the front tire to fender distance perfectly. I think the 35mm or larger would be a little much IMHO. Then again 5mm is less than 1/4"??

Thanks for your input,
I think 35mm will be nice...Like you said it's only 3/16 of an inch. Just enough to make it unique.

Jim

·
Registered
152 Posts
On 2001-10-25 12:53, DHG #1302 wrote:
Comments/opinions on 35mm, 40mm on rear of Bullitt
Thanks
Jim

Well, from my research everyone seems to think that over an inch will add more stress to the bearings so just to be safe i went with the 30mm's. Im sure a 40 would look awesome, but i am going to save that look till i get the 18's next spring.

On 2001-10-25 16:40, Gibscreen wrote:
They're sorta tough to find at http://www.maximummotorsports.com so here's a link http://www.maximummotorsports.com/spacers.html

That place it too expensive. I bought mine from options auto www.optauto.com for 145+8s/h=153. Same product.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
[/quote]

That place it too expensive. I bought mine from options auto http://www.optauto.com for 145+8s/h=153. Same product.

[/quote]

Did you need to buy anything else besides the spacers? Lug nuts or bolts? Thanks.

DHG #4865

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 9mmBullitt on 2001-10-25 18:35 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 61 Posts