Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back, a co-worker at Lebanon Valley Speedway where I work the Saturday night races, saw me reading Mustangs & Fords & mentioned she had a '70 Boss 302. "Sure" I thought. But she commented that it looked like the '69 Boss on the front cover & she described it accurately enough that i started to believe her. Anyway, while it doesn't have the shaker hood scoop option, it does have the Boss graphics. There's some damage to both fenders, some rust here & there & the original mags were stolen long ago. She's owned it since 1979 & it's been in storage since 81, when the motor & tranny were pulled, but they are sitting next to the car in the garage. Here's my predicament: The husband of woman who's tailoring my fiance's dress has a '68 Fastback he's selling. It's in bad shape, but has a running big block. He's only asking $1200. So which do I go after. I've always wanted a 68-70 Stang & now I have that opportunity. I love the Boss, but Terri & her husband know what they've got & are asking a hefty sum (assuming it's an actual Boss). On the other hand, I have enough project cars & I don't need another if it's in real bad shape, even if it is a Fastback. But it would be cool do make an original Bullitt clone, True Blue of course! :grin: I don't want to look at either car until my mind is mostly made up, 'cause then I'll want both of them & won't be able to decide. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The '68 may end up costing more in the end, and take more time to finish, but it's infinitely cooler than the '70. But people say I have no taste, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I would go for the Boss 302,if you can document it thru the VIN number. Check and see if the engine has matching numbers. In the end the Boss would hold and have more value. Good body and paint wrok is worth at least $6000 to $10,000,no matter which car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts