Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my Mach in to Ford for the strange rattle and for the brakes as I knew they were having some problems. I changed them out myself the last time and it was a pain in the rear to do, so I decided to nuckle up and take the car in. Well Ford said the front rotors are heat warped, cracked and need replacing, as do the pads. The rears are down to the indicator so they need replacing and resurfacing as well. The rattle was from some loose fender pieces.

They told me 1300 bucks for everything!!!

So I took the car to JBA and I'm getting Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads all installed as well as the Maxim Motorsport C/C plates I have sitting in my closet. This will also include the alignment. All for 400 dollars less than Ford with more work being done and with better parts.

I'm stoked on the specifics of the new parts/setup, but kinda bummed out as the money is comming from my girlfriends and my vacation money we had saved up to take a trip before the summers end. But at least my car will be safe and in good working order!

So what does everyone think of the Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads???

~Colby

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have PowerSlot slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads on my F150. Great stopping power, very little brake dust. No complaints at all. I have Hawk HPS+ pads on the Bullitt with Brembo Cobra rotors, can't do much better.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I have the Powerslot rotors and Hawk HPS pads on my car.

From what I remember (since it has been so long since I have driven it) it is a nice setup.

Maybe the guy who stole my car and took it for an 800 mile joy ride could chime in.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have Hawk HPS Plus pads with stock rotors for now (looking to get power slots next time around). With the plus's I get alot of squeal at low speeds and a decent amount of dust, however works really good at the track.

Tom

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
stock rotors and **** for crap Hawk pads here.
I will never buy another product of theirs. From day 2 the pads have rattled in the calipers. I ended up putting some silicon gasket maker on teh back side, and that helped a lot. Need to do it again though, sounds like my car is coming apart.
It's those rivets on the backside of the pad that hold the expanding cup thing. Immediatly it became loose allowing the pad to rattle.

Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ezekial said:
stock rotors and **** for crap Hawk pads here.
I will never buy another product of theirs. From day 2 the pads have rattled in the calipers. I ended up putting some silicon gasket maker on teh back side, and that helped a lot. Need to do it again though, sounds like my car is coming apart.
It's those rivets on the backside of the pad that hold the expanding cup thing. Immediatly it became loose allowing the pad to rattle.

Good luck with yours.
i actually just found out that was the problem with my ceramic pads I had on last. Sounded like the wheel and brakes where rattling loose!!! My car was just finished, I go to pick it up tommorow.

Got front and back Powerslot rotors for the Brembo's as well as the Hawk pads. Also had my MM C/C plates installed. Next up is the MM 3-point strut brace that is sitting in my closet, new front tires (lol), reinstall my JLT ram intake with PHP inlet box, and my Diablo Preditor. Hopefully I will like the car again. ;)

~Colby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts