Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mustangs in my possession!

When the '01 Bullitts came out, I never could locate one at the right time. I purchased an '03 Mach 1 after seeing the concept. I love it - great car, cool shaker, stout engine!

But I always still coveted a Bullitt...

Saw the '08s at AAI - was tempted to dump my '07 Mustang GT, which I also love. It is the only car I have ever custom ordered. Tungsten grey, ducktail spoiler, front chin spoiler, cloth seats, 18" "fanblade wheels", sport appearance package interior, no MyColor, Shaker 500 - love it.

Now I really coveted a Bullitt, with 2 different versions (SN-95 and S197)...

Our good friend Scott Hoag let me know last November that black '01 Bullitt #1118 ("Bullitt Reloaded") might be available to a good home. After much ado (and some changes), I brought it home TODAY!

A little numerology (and colorology and locationology) here - I paid for it on the 11th of September. My birthday is on the 18th of September. My first car out of college was black. The car was originally purchased by someone in Hamilton County in the Greater Cincinnati area. I live in Hamilton County in the Greater Cincinnati area.

This car is the inspiration for the "Reload"/"Hotload" package for the S197 cars. It is a Bullitt enhanced with supercharged power and suspension and braking modifications that make it track worthy. I have been looking for such a vehicle for a long time.

It has an interesting lineage, detailed in 2 different Muscle Mustangs & Fast Ford articles. It was a theft recovery car that was originally totaled, but various people, most notably Scott, have brought it back to life. It will bear all of its MRT markings while in my care, and it will be a testament to the fun that Scott brings to the Mustang, especially the Bullitt.

I will relay some more information later. Here are various photos. Below were from the Woodward Dream Cruise last month, when I took it on a final test drive with Rick Ortlepp (Bullitt4204) riding shotgun.

I go "both ways" now. I couldn't get rid of my Mach!

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From today (drove it home in the rain from Michigan the entire way)...

Attachments

·
Charles
13,307 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Congrats Tony!!! So now that you are finally a Bullitt owner I guess you can hang out with the rest of us in the parking lot. :D

Jeff

·
Premium Member
18,865 Posts
:clap: :clap:

Cool beans, Tony!

This is cause for celebration!

I recommend that you change (in celebration) your user name at IMBOC to "Erik Estrada".

MidgeMan initiated the "Erik Estrada" gig!

He (MidgeMan) is a genius!

"Erik Estrada" sounds really cool!

Chicks will dig you!

:py1:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Great Car I loved reading about it in mucsle mustang.If you ever deciade to lose the wing hit me.

·
Administrator
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rblack4405 said:
Rain will not hurt these cars, glad you got your Bullitt
That commentary was for "No Rain Rick" (aka Rick Ortlepp aka Bullitt4204), as I have driven my Mach as a daily driver in rain, snow, sleet, and even the occasional hail (that one I don't really prefer).

bossmustang said:
Congrats Tony. The wipers work on all Bullitts.
And yes, the wipers do work on this one! :)

·
Administrator
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
05102 said:
that spoiler has got to go.
There is a definite reason that the "B-wing" is appropriate for this car. As I believe you probably know, Scott Hoag (the previous owner) had the task of taking the 2000 Bullitt concept into a production vehicle. As Bullitt 736 pointed out, the concept did indeed have a "wing", one that was similar in style to the one on this car.

That piece did not make it into production, but in tribute to the spirit of that, Scott had it mounted on this car. I did talk to him about pulling it off, but in light of the original concept, I decided against it.

One reason the wing was deleted in production was to try and reflect the minimalist look and free up funds for other changes to "Bullittize" the GT vehicle on which the car was based.

·
Administrator
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mustangwi said:
Congrats Tony!!! So now that you are finally a Bullitt owner I guess you can hang out with the rest of us in the parking lot. :D

Jeff
Uh no, I am still afraid of 5111 (Dee), so I won't be doing that.

Hahahaha - just kidding there, Dee!

·
Administrator
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cochese said:

Cool beans, Tony!

This is cause for celebration!

I recommend that you change (in celebration) your user name at IMBOC to "Erik Estrada".

MidgeMan initiated the "Erik Estrada" gig!

He (MidgeMan) is a genius!

"Erik Estrada" sounds really cool!

Chicks will dig you!

:py1:

Erik has more hair, although we both have the Hispanic blood (well, half of mine is, since my dad was from Mexico). I would embarrass the hair of Erik Estrada if I assumed his name.

To get chicks to dig me, I use that stuff they advertise in the back of Car and Driver and Motor Trend - the 10x pheromone or something like that.

·
Administrator
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
blmarlow said:
Great Car I loved reading about it in mucsle mustang.If you ever deciade to lose the wing hit me.
An online version of one of the articles is located here.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Tony Alonso said:
Erik has more hair, although we both have the Hispanic blood (well, half of mine is, since my dad was from Mexico). I would embarrass the hair of Erik Estrada if I assumed his name.

To get chicks to dig me, I use that stuff they advertise in the back of Car and Driver and Motor Trend - the 10x pheromone or something like that.
I just want to know, how you did in the National Whiffle Ball Tournament?:rolleyes: :smile:

If nothing else, you could aka "Erik Estrada". Especially since it is a black Bullitt! And btw, the real Eric hawks his name for anything, including the 10X phreomone stuff in the back of Car and Driver. So I doubt there would be any embarassments...:rolleyes: :badgrin: :wink:

Oh yeah! congratulations on one very nice car. Am I jealous? Nah! I am glad you got your Bullitt. And I would be darned if I would take off that spoiler!

·
Administrator
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
chilli bullitt said:
Way to go Tony!!! Now you are officially part of the family! Did Scott mention anything about wanting to get rid of the junky yellow vert he has in the garage? ;)
Thanks! I think he still likes that clunker...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.