Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After four months of waiting I managed to collect #5144 from the customs compound in Bremerhaven last week and deliver it to the garage for it's German TuV conversion and inspection. This just involved changing the tail-lights and not the addition of side repeaters as I'd have had to do if I were still resident in the UK.
On monday after a four-hour train ride we collected the car and drove it back over 300km of very nice back-roads.
After all the paperwork dramas of the past few weeks I was pleased to finally get it all to myself as I'd started to worry that my two-week Leave from Iraq wasn't going to be long enough to sort everything out.
Spent all morning yesterday cleaning and polishing, preparatory to garaging it until my return from Iraq in December and will do the first oil-change this morning to flush any residual factory gubbins and rubble accumulated during the initial drive.
Apparently the specified 5W-20 oil is hard to come by here in Germany, but Red-Line do a range of synthetic race-oils that come in all the various grades and are available here in Germany. I'll have to use 5W-30 for this first change, but the difference in mileage is negligable during the engine's breaking-in period anyway.
LINK

Biggest problem? Driving on the wrong side of the car! Every time I go to shift, I open the door and fall out!

Photos to follow as soon as I get back to theatre where my Photoshop-equipped laptop awaits me - I'm currently on my girlfriend's machine which is a little basic.

Sun's shining again now, so I'll pop outside and dry the car (again) before taking it out for a spin...Girlfriend Julia is already starting to get the idea of what it's like being a Bullitt-widow...good job she likes big motors too, though it may eventually involve having to buy her an F-150 to keep her happy...lol

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Grats on the purchase... oh the fun it must be having a Bullitt in Germany!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Congrats Rob! You should get the "Most Determined Owner" award. lol I just wish somebody is in the front seat with a camera to take a shot of the big grin that will appear on your face the first time you crack her open. Have fun ... it's a great car Ford built for 'ya!

·
Registered
969 Posts
originally posted by Arkady001:

Biggest problem? Driving on the wrong side of the car! Every time I go to shift, I open the door and fall out!
glad i wasn't drinking anything when i read that line! funny stuff. congrats on getting acclimated to your new bullitt! germany will never be the same. :smile:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
badasbullitt said:
Congrats on the Germany Bullitt.Maybe you can take it to Nurburgring.I understand they will let you drive the course for about $20.
It's about an hour's drive from where I live in Iserlohn, NRW...wa-aaaay ahead of you on this one. Open track on the 'Ring's Nordsheife (aka 'The Green Hell) is most summer evenings from 17.00-21.00.

After I install the Eibach racing suspension pack - the stock suspension's still too 'flollopy' for European roads...needs to be a bit lower and a lot stiffer over here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.