Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/29/2008-dodge-challenger-srt8-to-start-at-37-995/

425HP ain't no joke....probably pretty heavy...but still...not gonna' be a sleeper!

Not real sure about 38K for a Dodge...but this thing looks bad azz IMHO.

I am pushing real hard to love the new Bullitt...but damn, this market for new-school hot-rods is getting bettter-and-better!

Not hating on the Bullitts as I am as passionate about them as anyone else on this board! Just looking for others opinions!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I started a thread about this on allfordmustangs. Personally, I'd put it in the GT500 area competition-wise. It's heavy and from some of the spy car pics I've seen, looks kind of awkward on the road. I love the look, but I don't think I'd get one. The R/T versions and such will be the GT's area. With markups, it will be a lot of money, but just as we love our mustangs, I'm sure die hard dodge guys will jump on it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
All these cars with big hp and gas is getting higher and higher. I dont get it? I like the challenger, the grill and head light opening is to small from pics I seen, and needs to be white.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
You'll NEVER get this car for 38k- I'll bet it's between 54-58k with ADM's.
This is the NEW must have car to own. And it will lead the pack until the Camaro hits.
This isn't a knock against Mustang, they've had 3 great years leading this re-birth of the muscle car. But the new kid on the block is going to steal away much of the attention.
I have almost zero interest in the new Camaro, the new Challenger I like. If it drives like the hemi powered 300/magnum/charger, it will ride very comfortably. It will have power, but not the same snap the Mustang has.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
If I could get one for a reasonable price, I would. I don't know if I will be getting a Bullitt or not, but with Z-plan I can get one for just under $30K. Even if this car was selling at MSRP it would be too much of a difference. Now if I could get one for about $35K.......:D

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
"But the new kid on the block is going to steal away much of the attention.":shock:

I don't know about that.:surprised If they are hard to get, it may just drive the purchase price up, leaving a bad taste in Dodge boys mouths. And at the same time fuel interest in getting a performance car now, actually driving people across town to the Ford house and the Mustang GT/Bullitt/Shelby//...:neutral:

Just a thought, but wouldn't that make the Mustang a Challenger poser?

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
I think it's a really cool car. The R/T will suposedly have the 5.7 Hemi in it and be priced around 30K. There is the apples to apples comparision. Mustang GT and the R/T Challenger. The SRT 8 is up in the GT 500 price range. With GT 500s now going close to sticker, they are going to be a HP bargain compared to the Challenger. If Chrysler can get 10-15K over MSRP for a PT Crusier I hate to think what this car will go for with the 08 production at only 5000 units.

I wonder if the stated MSRP includes the gas gussler tax? You know that car has one.

I think we are in the early 70's all over again. With predictions of $4 gas by next summer I think the HP wars will be over pretty quickly. :sad:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yeah, I'm reading that the SRT-8 6.1 "Hemi" is pushing 14mpg city and 20mpg highway. I'll keep my little v8 that I can still pull 26-27mpg highway on a great day (been happening on s197s with some little mods). I've seen the spy photos of it on the road and I really don't like the stance. It is really kind of goofy looking. Also, I do agree that the huge adms will keep this out of any blue collar guy's hands for awhile and maybe even make some dodge guys ticked.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
I like the looks of the Challenger..at least from what i've seen(concept car) but my plans are to keep my B...time will tell how this new Challenger is received.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I am passionate about 01' BULLITTs , but not 08's. I would keep my options open if I were in the market for a new muscle car. We will have to wait to see what FORD does with BOSS, or what-ever. Ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts