Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thought I'd post an excerpt of a post I made of 6G here as it may be of interest to folks regarding Bullitt VINs.

Based on my VIN, I would venture that the Bullitt series will be:

1FA6P8K0xK55xxxxx P8K being the 2019 Bullitt "Option Code".

Where
1FA = Manufacturer - Manuf: Ford Motor Company USA, Make: Ford, Type: Passenger car
6 = Safety - Seat belts and front/side airbags
P8K = Model - Bullitt
0 = Engine - 5.0L 480hp V8 (Bullitt)
x = Check Digit - 0-9 or X
K = Year - 2019 (2018 was J)
5 = Assembler - AAI: Flat Rock, Michigan
5xxxxx = Sequential unit number (unique to Bullitt - non-Bullitt cars appear to be 1xxxxx)

The model codes go as follows:
Mustang EcoBoost – Fastback = P8T
Mustang EcoBoost – Convertible = P8U
Mustang GT – Fastback = P8C
Mustang V8 – Convertible = P8F
Mustang V8 – Fastback (Bullitt) = P8K

I have VIN listings for both a 2019 GT Fastback and GT Convertible as follows:
V8 – Convertible = 1FATP8FFXK51xxxxx
V8 – Fastback = 1FA6P8CF6K51xxxxx

With P8K being the Option Code for the Bullitt, the next digit (8th), should be the "Engine Code" and then (9th) the "Check Digit", if I'm not mistaken. So, 0 in mine (Bullitt engine) and F in the GT's (GT 5.0L engine) for the 8th digit.

Another interesting tidbit is that the Option Code P8K appears to have only been used in the past for the previous 2010-2014 Shelby GT500 convertible.

While the original high-performance engine in the 1964-1967 Mustangs was the K code (289 4bbl HiPo V8), there was no "K-code" in 1968. The original Bullitt car was a 390 (my understanding a NASCAR 390) and the HiPo 390 for 1968 was a S-code. It appears there will be two (2) K's in the 2019 Bullitt VIN. One for the Year code which is "K" for 2019 and one in the Model Code which is P8K. The 2019 Bullitt engine code is 0, not K.

1FA6P8K09K55xxxxx
For some reason, the "K" in the 2019 Bullitt Mustang isn't in the engine code, but (if I understand it correctly) in the "Option Code" that refers to the body and engine. The engine code is the 1st digit after P8K which in my VIN is 0. The engine code digit for the two 2019 GT's that I have VINs for both show "F" for the 5.0L.

Also, for previous Bullitts, they were:
2001 - Model Code = P42 Engine code = X (both unique to the Bullitt)
2008-2009 - Model code = T82 (not unique to the Bullitt) Engine Code = H (common to all 4.6L engines)
2019 - Model Code = P8K Engine code = 0 (both unique to the Bullitt)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the first ones being registered.

Wonder who will end up with #0559 or #5559 if they go to that number???
What's so special about 559, if you don't mind me asking?

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

·
Car Whisperer
20,722 Posts
Thanx for taking on the rseponsibility Greg!!!!!!!!!!!! will the first entry in the ranks of the new Bullitt, even though it is not a 19 be Rich's car? Certainly worth a mention in the ranks of the new ones. May wind up being the one they should have built......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ordered mine April 3rd with a deposit, in the washington metropolitan district, secured my allocation and was given the vin last week, has been submitted to plant. Into the 700's already

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ordered mine last week and the VIN#
1FA6P8K05K5501429
That means it’s now in the thousand *“1429”

·
Registered
10 Posts
Reactions: Tony Alonso

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just for anyone who wants to know found vin 559 going to a dealer in CA it is a special order car, not mine but congrats to that owner. It will not let me post the window sticker.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ieTyAEOLxJdk04VWxIU2JpbG0ya1JIUVM3WUt2ZFA2MTNJ
Looks like it is unlikely to be Jay Leno's car as it is going to a dealer in Fresno (5 hrs away from him). Notice it doesn't have the Recaros. It will be interesting to see what the ratio of Recaro vs non-Recaro Bullitts ends up being. Should we do a poll?

Getting anxious, my EDD is 3-days away. It is on the railcar close to here (got the rail car #, etc.)

Reactions: Tony Alonso

·
Administrator
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Getting anxious, my EDD is 3-days away. It is on the railcar close to here (got the rail car #, etc.)
Almost there!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like it is unlikely to be Jay Leno's car as it is going to a dealer in Fresno (5 hrs away from him). Notice it doesn't have the Recaros. It will be interesting to see what the ratio of Recaro vs non-Recaro Bullitts ends up being. Should we do a poll?

Very cool, my EDD says sunday however my dealer told me its in MD about 30 minutes away and they expect it this week hopefully before Friday! Got my car cover today though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone had theirs delayed from shipping from the factory due to the MT-82 issue being fixed mid-stream in Production? My dealer actually thinks mine was fixed post-production prior to leaving factory. My EDD was July 19th, then improved to July 13th then delayed until tomorrow.

I'm curious to find out where they will start being updated transmissions installed versus fixed on the line with the revised parts or even after production if that is indeed the case. I may elect to wait for a later build...

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well its here K0385 has found its way safely to MD, even in the rain this thing is pretty.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
with regards to the information on VIN - the RHD cars being made for Australia have difference codes.

ie my VIN is 1FA6P8V01K5110xxx

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

·
Administrator
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
with regards to the information on VIN - the RHD cars being made for Australia have difference codes.

ie my VIN is 1FA6P8V01K5110xxx

We look forward to to you getting your vehicle!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would assume your right. My VIN ends 1759 but I ordered mine on May 26th. Why is my VIN higher than 1400's when I ordered before July 4th and that person got a 1400 VIN???

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would assume your right. My VIN ends 1759 but I ordered mine on May 26th. Why is my VIN higher than 1400's when I ordered before July 4th and that person got a 1400 VIN???
Not sure how accurate this info is but when I pickled mine up at the dealership this week, my guy told me the VINs are not sequential but the chassis numbers are (the K numbers). They are built in batches of how they are equipped. That led me to believe that is why myself and 3 other Canadians I follow had all of ours delivered the same week as the. Only equipment option up here is the Recaro Seats.

Sent from my BB KEY2 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 47 Posts