Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like it could be anything else but annoying,

Anyhow, drivers side dash, sounds like underneath the pad, thought it was the defrost duct but that wasn't it. Luckily it happens at all speeds so without the radio turned up you can enjoy it for the whole ride ...

Any ideas?

Thanks & Happy Holidays,

Frank

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mine too! sounds like the corner where the windshield meets the dash by Vin plate. I have pushed on the dash the a pillar trim but I haven't found it yet. Sometimes it is there at all speeds sometimes nothing?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same thing...?

I posted this a few days ago...but it only occurs at certain speeds, bumps, and temperatures. It's also just on the driver's side. I tried putting in foam thinking that it would sort out the problem; it didn't. I'm gonna take it to the dealer next week. I don't how to remove the dashboard, and inserting foam doesn't do anything. I'm not sure if we're having the same problem though...it's not a "rattling", but more of an annoying "crackle" between the dash and the windshield. I've been having this for a while now too...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chameleon said:
I posted this a few days ago...but it only occurs at certain speeds, bumps, and temperatures. It's also just on the driver's side. I tried putting in foam thinking that it would sort out the problem; it didn't. I'm gonna take it to the dealer next week. I don't how to remove the dashboard, and inserting foam doesn't do anything. I'm not sure if we're having the same problem though...it's not a "rattling", but more of an annoying "crackle" between the dash and the windshield. I've been having this for a while now too...

You know, I think it is the same noise, mine does sound more like a crackling noise, almost like a bad speaker, please let us know what you find out.

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
itpphoto said:
You know, I think it is the same noise, mine does sound more like a crackling noise, almost like a bad speaker, please let us know what you find out.

Thanks,
Frank
I have no such noise coming from my Bullitt. But when I got the windshield in my SUV replaced I started to notice a crackling noise. I blame it on the windshield install.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mine too, had the dealer look at it twice now still does it so it's now stored for it's winter sleep so I will take it apart myself and maybe get lucky and find the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Went to the dealer....he put more foam in the window post; not sure how long that'll hold, but it seems to be working for now. Also, on a side note, I asked him about the clutch.....one can feel a small click half way down. He said that's normal; the cruise control switch. Hope this helps a bit....

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
08BULLITT2061 ....

I have that too. My'07 GT had NO rattles or squeeks.. . Absolutly none after 25,000 miles... The Bullitt however... sheesh... it has them all over :(

·
Registered
263 Posts
My 05 GT developed a creak/squeak along the windshield at year two, but only when the interior of the car was cold and to make matter worse intermittently... waste of time taking it the dealer.

A little over a year ago, sprayed Gig-a-loo (silicone lubrifiant available at most hardware store) between the windshield and the dash. No squeaking and craking ever since.

Actually I am impressed with the quality of workmanship. No rattles, I drive it even when it is -30F. At that tempareature even padding turns solid.:smile:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Next time you notice the noise, try gently touching the "plate" that's behind the door-handle. There's a little snap-in trim plate that sits rather loosely in there - drove me nuts trying to find it - sounded first like the dash, then the door, then under the dash again........ every time I'd notice it I was driving after O-dark-thirty, so it made it that much harder to pinpoint.

Mine does it on both sides. This spring, I'll probably see how to pop it out without damaging it and make it not-rattle anymore.

Now that I know what it is, it's not so bad.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I've said it before check for a loose nut behind the wheel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
BULLITT said:
It seems like my Bullitt makes this noise only when the temp is below approx. 45ish degrees.
same thing on mine too :confused:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the same rattle only on the passenger side around the glove box. It only occurs periodically at varying speeds & temp. Not sure where it's coming from exactly; tried opening/closing the glove box and pressing around the area, but no joy.

·
Registered
595 Posts
BULLITT said:
It seems like my Bullitt makes this noise only when the temp is below approx. 45ish degrees.
Add another to the list. Mine makes a noise in the center to passenger side of the dash. I will have them look it over next oil change.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.