Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i was on 495 north when i spotted a red camaro ahead so i passed him on the left and got in to the fast lane. As i moved on, i saw him change lanes and move closer to me. i wasnt looking for the loss, but i had to see what 3177 could do.

i exited off of 495 to rt. 50 towards dc and he did the same. I cut off the a/c, and lowered the windows. then i noticed him an his buddy put on their seat belts. I casually told my buddy, "oh ****, it is time. put on your belt" we came out of the exit and were on 50 now. i was tring to let the traffic ahead go so we could have a shot. he came out of my wing and squared up. we all were laughing because we knew it was go time. i pointed ahead the signal all the traffic. his buddy told me to go to V st. (local drag racing spot) i told him it was too risky, after all it was 4 oclock pm on a sunday. well he hit the gas and i tried to keep up. i knew instantly that he had taken away any chance i had when he took off first. I stayed in it and i would say he was no more than 4 car lenghts away durring out little stint. bottom line, those cars are fast. i didnt have a chance of walking him down, but i had to see what would happen.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Tracktoy,

I know the feeling. You saw my post about getting spanked a by a Z28. I could not belive how fast that car was. Those cars are to respected from a performance standpoint. I even looked into getting one at one point, but they are way too ugly and the interior is crap. I think the Mustang has enough performance and is a way better package overall.

Eric

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i agree 208, the interior is inferior. hahaha but seriously i contemplated on for about two days but i couldnt do it. i was going to buy an impala over the bullitt though, but changed my mind. i figured i could make my bullitt faster that a stock camaro, then worry about the modified ones latter.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
My only experience with a Z-28 was on the PA turnpike. He got on just as I passed his on ramp. He pulled up behind me at about 80 mph. It was wide open and straight in front of us so I shifted down to third and floored it. Wow! those rpms went flying. Scared me a little and shifted up to 4th in a real hurry. He was quick to come after me but once we hit 120 he backed off. I kept my foot to the floor and took good ol' 2759 to 130 just for good measure. Just to get some distance between us. I didn't want to have to out run him again. In the end I don't really call it a win. I figure he was either chicken, or smarter than me. What's the fine for doing 130 mph?!!!! Jail!? Loss of license?! I don't ever wanna know. BTW, the car was rock solid.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I know it sucks to lose to a Z-28, but look at it this way. The Z has a 350 ci engine that makes 305-320 HP depending on model. All things being equal, it SHOULD beat a Bullitt.

Z's have been around basically unchanged for almost 10 years. They're everywhere. Nobody looks twice at one. We have a car that #1 aint a GM POS, #2 is very exclusive and #3 is a better performance car, over all, than the Z has ever been. I have driven one, I know.

I have friends that own a Vette and a Boxster. The Bullitt is rarer than either and always will be. That's enough for me.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Just read a LS1 Forum and looky what I found...could this be the Camaro???

Author Topic: Bullitt my ass....
346Z
posted August 27, 2001 12:37 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so whats all this talk about these Bullitt's running 13.7X's? Geez, i must be runnin better than that, cuz Ijust pulled on one tonight. Me and my buddy were ridin on Rt 50 (with T-tops off I might add)and we see this new Bullitt GT. So we catch up and we get even and we're talkin to the guy...I ask him if he was takin it up to V-street (the local street scene)he 'said' it was a rental, so I drop it down into 3rd (doin about 65) and wait for him to downshift...i guess he knows i wanna race so we're off. He did keep up at frst, but around 75-80mph he started drifting back..i'd say I pulled about 1.5-2 cars on him from 65-90. He was cool though, we gave a thumbs up as I turned onto the exit ramp... some people are cool.
------------------
'01 Chevy Camaro Z-28/M6
-Appearance Package (GFX)
-Stock....for a while

·
Registered
51 Posts
LOL, that has to be it. Tractoy I bet you said "it's risky" and he thought you said "it's a rental". Too funny.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea that was me. i told the guy too risky like you thought. how did he get at rental out of that. if it was a rental, i would have dogged the mess out of the car trying to beat him.

that is funny, the world is too small. i told the same story on our board as he did on his.

by the way, which site was his story posted on?

there is no way in hell they would EVER rent a bullitt!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i found the story, i is at ls1.com. that is funny. i replied to his story.

laterz

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'd be afraid to post on a Z site. I'd flame so many idiots that it's not even funny. God I love my Ford.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You said that when you got ready to drag, you told your friend to put on his seatbelt and you saw the Camaro guys putting on their belts. One question, does anyone in Maryland wear seatbelts all the time?

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's a classic battle: Mustang vs. Camaro. My cousin has a 99 Camaro SS. Nice car. Fast. I test drove one. Nice car. Fast. Crappy seating position (what's with the picnic table dashboard?)Low quality interior, not that the 'Stang is a Lexus. For me, I choose the Bullitt for distinction, the way it looks and that SOUND. At my next family gathering, I know my cousin & I will race. It'll be a classic battle: Bullitt vs. Camaro SS.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Camaros are fast. I've lost to several.

And I was just reading over the weekend that one of the classic Mustangs (maybe a Shelby?) was offered as a Hertz (I think) rental.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The other day I pulled up on a Bullitt in my 98 Formula and I reved my engine and jumped off the line when the light turned green. The Bullitt didnt stand a chance.

As soon as my wife got home(in the Bullitt) man did I get it for racing. :smile:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts