Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get started, this may have come up before and if it did, well, I'll just bring it up again!
The DHG Bullitt has a unique Identifier that the True Blue and the Black do not have. OK, here's the BIG :grin: QUESTION: What is it??? :???: :???:

The answer shall be revealed or confirmed at 9PM PST, if I don't forget. :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
360 Posts
This may not be the answer, but the first thing I thought of is that no other Mustang has our paint color. Maybe that's too obvious.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-06 21:38, RenegadeBullitt wrote:
Before I get started, this may have come up before and if it did, well, I'll just bring it up again!
The DHG Bullitt has a unique Identifier that the True Blue and the Black do not have. OK, here's the BIG :grin: QUESTION: What is it??? :???: :???:

The answer shall be revealed or confirmed at 9PM PST, if I don't forget. :grin: :grin:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

As promised the answer is forthcoming!

Bullittgirl, you were somewhat right in saying that the color is the unique identifier. However, their is one more part of the color that makes it unique. But, before I reveal the answer, let me just say that....OK just kidding....The answer IS.....

I'm surprized only one person had a guess at this. Maybe this is beating a dead horse?
Ok, Ok, the answer IS......(DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!) THEEEEEEEEEEE.......paint code!!!

That's right the tag they put on each and every new car that reveals their color!!!! :grin:
>Load applause< :grin: Thank you, Thank you :grin: >Load applause<

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
You know, I think there putting the DHG (PY paint code) on the 2002 Ford "Super Duty" Trucks as well as True Blue and Black. I have a paint code .pdf doc that shows DHG for the 02 trucks. True Blue paint code is "L2" and Black is "UA".
http://www.fss.gsa.gov/pub/auto/02color-charts.pdf

Wade Koch
K&N Filtercharger
20% Tint all the way around!
Gears coming...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: h1resq on 2001-12-07 15:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
835 Posts
The Ford Part number is the same for all applications, but the Truck Paint Code for DHG is PX. PY is the Bullitt code. Let's not foget that in an earlier discussion someone also mention our interior code is unique, hence our interior code is also unique.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-07 10:26, kfengler wrote:
If you get a tube of the Dark Highland Green the code on the tube may not be the same as the code as on your car. Mines not, but the paint matches 100%! Same with my wifes Cougar! It seems Ford (and others) use different codes, for different model, for the same color paint! Found this out when I was looking for EZ (Red) for the Cougar!, then later for the Mustang.

Touch up paint is to say the least a bad representation of the actual color of any car. It is generally only a close copy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On 2001-12-07 15:39, h1resq wrote:
You know, I think there putting the DHG (PY paint code) on the 2002 Ford "Super Duty" Trucks as well as True Blue and Black. I have a paint code .pdf doc that shows DHG for the 02 trucks. True Blue paint code is "L2" and Black is "UA".

While it is true the Ford truck is also available in DHG, it could never be mistaken for a Bullitt. :grin:

Bullitt #5338 - No mods necessary at this time!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-08 13:28 ]</font>

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On 2001-12-07 17:59, TXBullitt wrote:
The Ford Part number is the same for all applications, but the Truck Paint Code for DHG is PX. PY is the Bullitt code. Let's not foget that in an earlier discussion someone also mention our interior code is unique, hence our interior code is also unique.

Exactly, the "PY" designation in the paint code is unique to the DHG Bullitt. No other Mustang or truck or any other Ford car shares this paint code. :grin:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The * next to the PY identifies that code for Super Duty trucks on the note at the bottom of the page.

But you are correct, they don't look like a Bullitt!

Wade Koch
K&N Filtercharger
20% Tint all the way around!
Gears coming...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: h1resq on 2001-12-07 20:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: h1resq on 2001-12-07 20:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Art Hyde was firm stating the Bullitt will be the only Mustang that will ever be painted DHG. He didn't say anything else about trucks or other Ford products. That's as far as the exclusivity goes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-08 13:43 ]</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts