Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happen to read Hot Rod,on line,and their BBK article,on hopping up a 2000 GT to whip the Bullitt. Seems they were disappointed with the Bullitt's less than 12 sec.performance. What is with these guys anyway. They put long tube headers,small pulleys and all on a GT convert,and best the Bullitt by 20 HP. So what! Now you have a one of a million,hopped up GT convert,and nothing more! They should have put those mods on the Bullitt and see what happened. I don't remember HOT ROD,hopping up a 1969 302W Mach 1,and trying to whip a 1969 BOSS 302!! I just don't get it. They should be happy FORD even built the Bullitt.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Amen! The only decent comparison article I've seen, I'm sure there are others, was in the December 5.0 Mustangs & Super Fords. They seemed to have gotten the whole idea that the Bullitt isn't about just a couple of items but the whole package. There's a coolness factor about driving the car that can't be explained unless you've driven one. Sure it's not the fastest thing on the road but everyone knows that. What I liked was the comment about every time they ran an errand, they took the Bullitt instead of the Cobra. That says a lot about the car.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hi All

To add even more fuel to the fire, I offer this tidbit. When the bullitt was first on the new and great cars to come out there were nothing but accolades and "wow, what a great idea" comments. I for one get sick of the same beat the bullitt down articles that have been appearing everywhere. The concept is great, the styling is great...so what that it can't beat a Corvette or a Lamborghini....people still like the old mustangs..and last time I raced any of those classics..I kicked their butts. Send a message to all the naysayers and have them focus on comparing apples to apples. Long live the Mustang.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts