Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOTICE: You are bidding on the right to buy our first 2008 Bullitt Mustang. This bid is for the amount OVER and ABOVE MSRP on the vehicle. The final and total price will be determined by the factory and by the options the winning bidder will specify. You may custom order this piece of motor vehicle history with any valid interior & exterior color options.

Ford Motor Company has unveiled a new special edition Mustang, designed to commemorate the 1968 Steve McQueen movie 'Bullitt,' at the recent Los Angeles Auto Show.

In that movie, in which McQueen played police detective Frank Bullitt, he drove a dark green 1968 Mustang through narrow, hilly San Francisco streets in a now-classic chase scene.

This new version will be a 2008, marking 40 years since the movie and the Mustang that the modern version largely emulates. “The 2008 Mustang Bullitt embodies the true spirit of the 1968 movie car,” said Derrick Kuzak, group vice president, Global Product Development. “Like the original Bullitt, this car dials the driving dynamics up a notch for Mustang enthusiasts who love the performance, handling and the sweet sound of Ford power that only Mustang can deliver.”

The new special edition will be available in Dark Highland Green, similar to the color used on the original movie version. The only other color available on this version will be Black. (Dark Highland Green is not used for any other Mustang version and, Ford promises, it never will be.)

The 2008 Mustang Bullitt will be powered by a 4.6L V-8 engine tuned to deliver a substantial 315 horsepower, 15 HP more than the regular V-8 Mustang GT. Coupled with 325 pound-feet of torque, this is truly a performance sports car. It will also have suspension, chassis and brake upgrades for improved handling.

To punch the output of the Mustang GT's 4.6L, SOHC, three-valve V-8 from its usual 300 to 315 HP, Ford employed a series of tricks both obvious and subtle.

A new cold-air induction system that features an open-element air cleaner isolated from engine heat in its own sealed box just behind the left front headlight is the most obvious modification. And it's matched to a revised exhaust system tuned to reproduce the voice of McQueen's GT 390 (or at least what's on the movie's soundtrack). Engineers modeled the car's exhaust note on the engine sound heard in the original movie, based on a specially mastered DVD, Ford said. That's the obvious stuff.

The subtle stuff starts with revised programming of the engine control computer. First the redline has been bumped up 250 revs to 6,500 RPM, with top-end speed bumped to 151 miles-per-hour. Second, a "dual knock" strategy in the fuel map and ignition programming allows the engine to run on either regular or premium fuel — with the V-8 making the same peak power either way, but with a slightly more generous torque curve when burning the good stuff. Add in some revisions to the throttle's responsiveness and the result is an engine that actually feels more eager and more capable than the addition of just 5% more horsepower would suggest.

Ford backs that muscle with the Tremec five-speed manual transmission (no automatic will be offered) and the usual 8.8-inch rear end packed with a set of short 3.73:1 gears. (The GT runs a 3.55:1 set with the manual transmission.)

To mimic the car used in the movie, the Mustang Bullitt lacks most exterior chrome badges, including the pony on the grill, as well as the rear spoiler that's standard on other Mustangs.

The interior is pure Mustang Bullitt, understated and dressed in Charcoal Black leather and Satin metallic trim. The centerpiece of the interior is the hand-machined, aluminum swirl dash panel appliqué.

“The machined appliqué differentiates the Bullitt from any other Mustang in the line-up,” said Gaffka. “It’s also perfect for the Bullitt. The graphic presentation brings back the feel of the ‘60's while still staying true to the Mustang’s modern interior design.”

Satin aluminum bezels circle the air vents and gauges, complementing a satin aluminum shift ball that replaces the standard leather-wrapped shifter on the Mustang GT. The pedals wear race-inspired aluminum covers that further reinforce Bullitt’s performance intentions.

The interior is graphically clean. The only identifying marks visible inside Bullitt are the logo and gun-sight graphic mounted in the center of the leather-wrapped steering wheel and the word “Bullitt” embossed into the metal sill plates.

The Bullitt package enhances the Mustang GT Premium package with the following:

3.73: Limited Slip rear Axle
Ford Racing Power Pack (cold air induction system)
High Performance Calibration
Performance Friction Carbon Metallic front brake pads
Strut Tower Brace w. Bullitt Serialization Label
Sport Tuned suspension (shocks/springs/stabilizer bar)
Modified "H" Pipe
Dark Grey brake Calipers
18" Euro-Flange Bullitt Wheels w. Charcoal Satin Finish
3.5" Packed Exhaust Tips
Distinct Upper Grille
Bullitt emblem on faux fuel cap
Black interior w. upgraded steering wheel
Charcoal Black sport leather seats
Unique IP finish (hand machined aluminum swirl)
Satin interior accents (ball shifter/sill plate/pedal covers)
Standard content also includes:

4.6L 3-valve V-8 engine
5-speed manual transmission
Auxiliary audio input jack
This will be a VERY LIMITED production vehicle and among the most collectible vehicles ever built by Ford Motor Company.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO PLACING A BID: You are bidding on the right to buy our first 2008 Bullitt Mustang. This bid is for the amount OVER and ABOVE MSRP on the vehicle. The final and total price will be determined by the factory and by the options the winning bidder will specify. You may custom order this piece of motor vehicle history with any valid interior & exterior color options.

The condition of this car will be NEW & UNTITLED and will carry the full factory warranty. We are a franchised Ford Lincoln Mercury dealer located in lovely Van Wert OH. We've done a "ton" of eBay business and will certainly make this a smoother than smooth transaction for the end buyer. We will gladly arrange transport on this vehicle (at the winning bidder's expense) or we'll pick you up at the airport if you wish to drive it home.

The "Buy It Now " price is $19995 OVER and ABOVE MSRP on the vehicle, and we will end the auction at any time (up to the last 12 hours) to sell it for that amount.

Folks, we try to be flexible with our eBay customers. However, a recent spate of "no contact" or "unfinished" transactions is forcing us to rethink our position. If you have a "0" feedback rating, a "low" feedback rating, or "negative" feedback, we are reserving the right to cancel bids. If you are willing to call us, we will try to work with you. We appreciate your bids and your business!

The winning bidder will be required to make a $5000 non-refundable deposit within 72 hours of the end of the auction. We will guarantee delivery of the vehicle based upon the manufacturer's production schedule. (The VIN used for this auction is from a vehicle in my inventory, and DOES NOT represent the VIN of the new Bullitt Mustang.)

StateWide Ford Lincoln Mercury

1108 W. Main St.

Van Wert OH 45891

(800) 262-3866 or (419) 238-0125

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Bob is a dork and a bottom feeder. Is he really worth the email? I mean, he has it right there in the ad, $19,995 (?) over the MSRP! Is anyone going to bid on that?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Whammer said:
The ad states the VIN is NOT for the Bullitt- it's a VIN from another car in their inventory.
Yeah, if they already have a VIN it would be hard to make changes to the order, since any Bullitt with a VIN assigned will be going to production very soon.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I wonder how many of those bids are 'legit'?

If they are legit, how many of the bidders actually read that they are bidding an amount over MSRP?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I won't buy cars on ebay anymore. I've had problems selling them and problems buying them. I'm pretty sure I had one seller use someone to all of a sudden jack the price up a ton at the last second. It happens a lot it seems.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
My home town ford dealer...I grew up in Van Wert and my Dad worked his whole life for the ford dealer who owned the dealership prior to this scumbag. It's a shame.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
RCSignals said:
I wonder how many of those bids are 'legit'?

If they are legit, how many of the bidders actually read that they are bidding an amount over MSRP?

I think you're on to something here....The ad confused me as how the bidding worked. I'm willing to bet that whoever wins the auction backs out of the deal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My local ford dealer has offered me a 2008 at 3 grand over MSRP which as for now is stated to be 31075. I doubt anyone will pay 20G over

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
For 50k, I could walk into my local Ford dealer and drive away with a Shelby GT500. Consider my bid NOT placed.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
I received my reply from Bob. Really nice guy. I think I will use the Buy It Now feature. Not!!!!

"Thanks for your input. This is a "No Reserve" auction and the highest bidder wins the car. If it reaches that lofty goal, we'll be very happy of course, but we'll sell the car for the highest bid over MSRP no matter what that number is. I hope you have a pleasant day!
Regards,
Bob"

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Whammer said:
I think you're on to something here....The ad confused me as how the bidding worked. I'm willing to bet that whoever wins the auction backs out of the deal.
Unless I know the seller I'm always leery of hidden bidder auctions

·
Registered
803 Posts
Ha, the auction will end, but I'm almost certain the buyer won't pay. Happens like 60% of the time on ebay. He/she is either 1. ignorant of what the Bullitt really is or the availability of it or 2. misunderstanding that the auction is for over MSRP.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts