Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an idea for another vehicle to make from a Steve McQueen movie...

from The Hunter, his last film.
Cam
(NO this is not the one from the film. Couldn't find any pics of it.)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I bet he'd give those bad guys a good thrashing with one of those things.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't find a picture of the TransAm he was chasing with the combine in the movie. It's hard to find a blown apart black TA!!!!
Cam

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
During the muscle car days of old, it was all about advertising and who could spend the most to push their product. AMC's resources, due to some bad financial choices in the mid-sixties, were strictly limited. Although, they did have some catchy ad campaigns. Remember the guy with the gold fish in the passenger seat? But even on a limited budget they came up with some very good and unique cars. The AMX and Javelin really turned AMC's image around. From frumpy, old lady cars, to youth muscle. If you look at the old 1/4 mile times and the like, you'll see AMX's, Javelins, SC/Ramblers, Rebel Machines, SC/360's, were right in there with the Big Three. I love my AMX. It's different, just like our Bullitts. I'll get off my soap box now. I'm done ranting.

Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: K&N, $7.00 Dryer Duct Ram Air, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
AMC AMX #7831 Hunter Green Metallic
Mods: None/stock

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2001-07-25 14:29 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
got a friend here in st. louis in the concrete business that has a 69 Challenger(?) in orange with the 440 six pack and he also has an AMX that cranks out 450 HP AT THE REAR WHEELS!!!!!!!!!! no joke, his engine is blueprinted AND dyno results seen!!! pretty awesome. what's even cooler is that even with all his cool toys, he made a special trip out to see and compliment my Bullitt!
cool guy

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ya, in 69 and 70 other than the Shelby I thought the Javalin was one of the hotest looking cars on the road. So, hot that in 1979 while looking for a project car to restore the Shelby was still out of reach but, I was able to find a nice 69 Javalin SST for $600. However, as life would have it I got married after that and there was no time, money or garage space to do a restoration, so I sold it. now my 14 year old son would love to have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts