Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had another serious relapse of BES last night. I went to the Seattle Center to catch a movie and was parking my car in this rather weird backwards angle parking spot. It took me a couple of tries, I am a lousy parker, and besides I am paranoid about door dings. :wink: I finally manuever into place and get out. This guy in a mini-van is unloading his family on the passenger side of me. I asked him if I gave him enough room on that side. He looks at me and gives me this kind of shocked look and stammers out an answer that I had. After a short pause he kind of nods his head and exclaims "Man, that is one beautiful car!"

DHG #765

If you listen closely, you can hear your Chevy rusting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IvanGrozny on 2001-07-15 13:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
151 Posts
I also got the same response this weekend. I was at a Braves game on Saturady and trying very hard to get out of the traffic. A guy in a Grand Cherokee rolls downs his window and asks if this is the new bullitt he read about in Motor Trend. So in the slow moving traffic, I give him the overall of the car. I was eating it up!!! :smile:
I still have not seen another Bullitt on the road.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Two Bullitts on the road? Hehe. My father-in-law has 121, I have 968. We haven't gone out on the road together yet, but when we do...boy...

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Micah,
Your from Williamsburg Va. I'm from Virginia Beach. Come on down to Giant square off Independeance in Va Bch on Sat nights for cruise action.
Plus My Club Mustang Club Of Tidewater is hosting the Mid-Atlantic car show on 4 Aug at Cheaspeake City park, Bring all your Bullitts and we'll have our own class.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sounds good, Jimmy Ray. What kind of crowd gathers on Saturday nights? Mostly ricers, or a nice variety?

August 4 is a must. I'll see what I can gather up.

Oh, and my father-in-law also has a 67 (?I think?) T-bird convertible and a 70-something Cobra-II, so I guess it's up to him which he drives, but it would be very cool to have at least three Bullitts make the show. Both of ours are DHG.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micah on 2001-07-20 11:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Micah,
The cruise in is all nice cars hardly any ricers, We've had full on race cars to A Rolls Royce. Bunch of mustangs, we usually have a complete row of stangs.
You have to get there early between 4:30 and 5:00 to get a spot because the lot (150 spots) go fast.
1007 is also a DHG Bullitt, I wouldn't want to judge that class.
Do you need me to fax/e-mail you a flyer for the show.
Do you or your dad know gentlman named Al with a 68 Black on Black Charger? He's from Williamsburg and he has friend that also bought Bullitt. I wonder if this is small world or what.

67 Fastback

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jimmy Ray on 2001-07-20 11:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't think I'd be in the running on that class, Jimmy Ray. My Bullitt is my every-day car...my only car, actually. It has suffered a couple of minor incidents as a result; one's the result of a very LARGE bird dropping on the hood (made a bad little bubble about 3 milimeters long). The other must've been a small rock getting kicked up into the wheel and it made a small chip in the paint on one of the calipers. Oh, and there's a small chip in the right mud-flap from a big, EEEEEVIL speed bump.

They're not all that bad, really. Anybody but a judge would probably miss them.

I don't know an Al, but I'll ask. That would be funny. :smile:

Fax, please. I'm at work and the fax machine is right over -----> there. 757-259-6701

1 - 7 of 7 Posts