Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Won a fairly big car show in May (Popular Vote category). Over 750 cars in attendance and finished 2nd Saturday out of around 100 cars. Both have been participant judged so no MCA rules. My LL GT didn't win squat at either show so it does go to show that some people actually prefer the Bullitt. Personally I think it's the color, I doubt a black Bullitt would do as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
STJonesin4 said:
Is your Bullitt modded or fairly stock? Congratulations BTW.
Except for the sawed off antenna it's bone stock. The GT is heavily modded. Thanks for the congrats.

·
Registered
934 Posts
woodj said:
Except for the sawed off antenna it's bone stock. The GT is heavily modded. Thanks for the congrats.
That's really cool that the car gets that much respect "as is". I want to try and hit a few things locally when I can. Hopefully I can do as well as you have.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
STJonesin4 said:
That's really cool that the car gets that much respect "as is". I want to try and hit a few things locally when I can. Hopefully I can do as well as you have.
That's pretty much what I was trying to point out. No sense in avoiding the car show circuit because you've got a stock Bullitt. Most people actually ask questions and don't mistake it for just a V6 that's a different color. Surprising really.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Jim: Congrats on winning something via popular vote. Says a lot about the appeal of the new Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
woodj said:
Won a fairly big car show in May (Popular Vote category). Over 750 cars in attendance and finished 2nd Saturday out of around 100 cars. Both have been participant judged so no MCA rules. My LL GT didn't win squat at either show so it does go to show that some people actually prefer the Bullitt. Personally I think it's the color, I doubt a black Bullitt would do as well.

Congrats! I have won two Popular Vote awards this year at shows with my stock 08 Bullitt. I didn't have as much competition as you did though, so you get extra kudos. My 08 Bullitt was the only one entered at the shows, so it was a stark contrast against all of the Shelby's, Roushes, Saleens, and such. I usually have blingy GT's in the category with me. One guy told me at first he thought my car was a V6 when I drove in, but then he was excited when he realized it was a Bullitt. The fact that I have won two awards also speaks for people's interest in the car. If I am ever going to get 1st place though I am probably going to have to do some subtle dress up to the interior and display some information about the movie and car to attract the "swing voters" :wink:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BB2008 said:
Congrats! I have won two Popular Vote awards this year at shows with my stock 08 Bullitt. I didn't have as much competition as you did though, so you get extra kudos. My 08 Bullitt was the only one entered at the shows, so it was a stark contrast against all of the Shelby's, Roushes, Saleens, and such. I usually have blingy GT's in the category with me. One guy told me at first he thought my car was a V6 when I drove in, but then he was excited when he realized it was a Bullitt. The fact that I have won two awards also speaks for people's interest in the car. If I am ever going to get 1st place though I am probably going to have to do some subtle dress up to the interior and display some information about the movie and car to attract the "swing voters" :wink:
Congrats on yours also. I hope I didn't mislead you when talking about mine. Mine was the only Bullitt as well.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
WELL DONE!
I went to a car show SAT. (With my other car) anyway A young Man age ? had a very clean Black 03' Mach 1 there. We talked for quite some time about his car he was very proud of it. It was nice to talk to a young person knowledgeable about and so into MUSTANGS. I told him about my BULLITT and he knew all about them also. It would have been Cool to park next to each other and listen to peoples comments about them, maybe next time.
No BULLITTS of either year were there

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats on your trophies, guys!

This looks like the best spot to ask for advice. I put my HG 08 Bullitt in the Mustang Car Show in Omaha a week ago and tied for 3rd place out of 6 cars in my class. First place was a yellow 05 Roush and second was a BLACK BULLITT.
It too, was a popular-vote show by the participants. Any tips on how to up my votes?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SpikesBullitt said:
Congrats on your trophies, guys!

This looks like the best spot to ask for advice. I put my HG 08 Bullitt in the Mustang Car Show in Omaha a week ago and tied for 3rd place out of 6 cars in my class. First place was a yellow 05 Roush and second was a BLACK BULLITT.
It too, was a popular-vote show by the participants. Any tips on how to up my votes?
Everyone who enters these car shows will tell you that the cleaner the car the better. No area of the car should be overlooked. I always bring 2 cars and that way I get 2 ballots. Stuffing the ballot box is probably a good technique.:wink:

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I never vote for my own car

1 - 13 of 13 Posts