Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Bullitt Heads!
Does anyone know if the tail lights on the Bullitt have a darker tint than on a normal GT? The reason I ask is, I had my left tail light replaced because it had water in it. The new tail light seems like it's brighter than the right one. I was just out washing our car and that's when I noticed it.

57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone knows if there is a difference between the taillights on the GT and the Bullitt, please let me know. I am about to take my Bullitt into the dealer to complain about the replacement tail light they installed, and I want to know if I have a leg to stand on.

To recap: There was water in my left taillight and the dealer replaced it. A couple of weeks later I noticed the taillights were slightly different. The replacement taillight seems a little clearer than the original. If you look at the back up light, if is very noticeable. There seems to be a darker shade of tint in the right taillight versus the left taillight. If there is indeed a difference, does anyone know the proper part number for the Bullitt's taillight?

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
I had one replaced on #227 and it looks exactly the same as the other. As far as I can tell they are the same as the GT lights.Cobra's have a differnt light though.

Hope this helps.

Bud

57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi bud, thanks for the reply! Next time you are standing behind your Bullitt, do me a favor and look very closely at the replacement taillight versus the original one. I wasn't quite sure of my judgement, because I thought I might be a little too picky, so I had my wife check it out. Without telling her what my concern was, she immediately noticed the difference in the left and right side. You may have lucked out and got a dealer that knew the difference and ordered you the proper assembly.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hey Magic Bullitt,

I was in San Francisco with the car today and took a good look at both taillights. Both are the same.

Hope this helps.

Bud

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello fellow Bullittheads! I am the proud owner of #1340. When delivered the drivers side tailight was full of water. Have not noticed a difference in color though. I have had other problems but nothing major.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts