Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a general question. I remember back in the 70's and 80's GM (and Ford?) used to put the radio antenna in the windshield. How come that isn't done anymore? Bullitts would be a lot faster without all that wind drag from the aerial. :grin:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should have known. :roll:

·
Registered
66 Posts
On every Ford product I've owned for the last 7-8 years, I've always shortened the antenna to a point just a tad lower than the roof line. It's pretty easy to remove the ball and re-attach after cutting it, and it makes the car look much better. It's a little thing, but it makes a big difference.

·
Registered
209 Posts
With all my cars I buy the small black antennas made of rubber. It looks much better and I don't care about it bending because it won't break.... I just don't like it when some people buy the same thing for their cars and bend it all up into some wierd shape or tie it into a knot.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I don't know about the bad reception issue, Nasty. My Monte has an antennae in the windshield & the one time I hooked up a radio (real Musclecars don't have radios) I picked up Chicago FM stations just fine & I was over 60 miles away. Also, my first car, a 78 LeSabre had a windshield antenna & in nearly two years, with over $1,000 invested in a stereo system & various electrical components, I never upgraded the radio signal 'cause I got great reception with just the one antenna. My guess is money is why they all stopped making 'em like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts