Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After running around town in 745 today I got hom and then went back outside to the driveway to find a pool of anti-freeze under my car!!!! I can't find any hoses damaged or leaking. Needless to say it's getting towed back to the dealer in the morning. I'll let you guys what they find out.
Cam

·
Registered
78 Posts
The day I drove my Bullitt home I noticed it was leaking coolant. I had the dealer come tow it back. At first he asked me to drive it back and I said no way. My problem was that some O-ring got left out at the factory. Apparently they use some kind of fitting to hook up to the heater core instead of the familiar hose and clamp and the O-ring was missing from the fitting.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I had a big leak of antifreeze once, the radiator cap somehow got loose and it was coming out of the cap. It was a real hot day and I drove about 2 hours, pulled up shut her off and bombs away. I haven't had any problems since.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-08 18:14, Chalmers2212 wrote:
I had a big leak of antifreeze once, the radiator cap somehow got loose and it was coming out of the cap. It was a real hot day and I drove about 2 hours, pulled up shut her off and bombs away. I haven't had any problems since.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

This was the same thing I noticed on a GT that I test drove for grins a few weeks before my Bullitt was delivered. When we pulled into my parent's house to show my dad "a new GT", we found coolant dripping onto the ground, lots of it.

My dad -- the "wrench" -- saw that the overflow cap was not on correctly, fixed it, put more coolant in, and made a comment about Ford dealerships (he's an old Mopar guy from the good-ole-days) :smile:

Anyway, check to make sure its on right and tight Chilli.

Mike

·
Registered
444 Posts
The same night I brought 2571 home I had a huge puddle also. I found that the Lower Radiator hose going from the engine to the radiator was not clamped. The spring tension clamp that secures the hose had slid off or never been put on correctly. I ended up using one of my own clamp until I was able to take the car to the dlr. It had me worried for a bit, but I rather have that and find it early than to have some internal engine problems.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had it towed back to the dealer (on a rollback of course) Friday morning and haven't heard anything yet. I'd rather be safe that sorry with it. They are getting off easy this time because I have one heck of a sore throat and don't feel like yelling at them right now, so I'll wait to hear from them.
Cam

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks 1934!! I forgot about that post. That is exactly what mine did. The dealer called yesterday and said the had the pressure tester on it for over 2 hrs and nothing. The cap must have ben loose because they asked if I had it of recently and I haven't. Makes me wonder how it came loose or what else might come loose???? Dad's on his way over to pick it up and bring it home. I'm off sick so this is his frist chance to drive it. Mom said I must be sick to let him drive it. Oh well, maybe I am!! :lol:
Cam

·
Registered
119 Posts
On one of our colder days, I ran 4713 while I washed and detailed her. Small puddle of coolant by the front of radiator. Have been looking for the source ever since, but found nothing. Even on the lift it was dry. No problem since and runs cool. I will check all of the mentioned sources. Still looking :???: Thanks!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Bosses....that's exactly what mine did. The second day I had her, I left her running in the drive so my husband's friend could admire her. She ran for about 10 minutes, then I pulled her into the garage. There in the drive was a puddle of antifreeze. We checked, found nothing and it's not happened since.....that was October 4th....hmmm, who knows??

:smile:
Bubbles

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-13 12:18, chilli bullitt wrote:
Thanks 1934!! I forgot about that post. That is exactly what mine did. The dealer called yesterday and said the had the pressure tester on it for over 2 hrs and nothing. The cap must have ben loose because they asked if I had it of recently and I haven't. Makes me wonder how it came loose or what else might come loose???? Dad's on his way over to pick it up and bring it home. I'm off sick so this is his frist chance to drive it. Mom said I must be sick to let him drive it. Oh well, maybe I am!! :lol:
Cam

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

You're letting Crown Vic Dad drive the Bullitt???? ..............................................................................................No comment. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts