Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Has anyone ever had a problem with their anti-lock brakes kicking in way too soon and violently? I was coming up to a red light and had to hit the brakes kinda hard and the car started shaking and swaying back and forth something horrible and I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue...It kicked in way quicker than anything else I have ever driven and with the same stop my 1987 truck wouldnt have even skid at all so im not sure what the deal was! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
No problems since new.

·
Registered
387 Posts
BlackBullitt2615 said:
Hey guys,
Has anyone ever had a problem with their anti-lock brakes kicking in way too soon and violently? I was coming up to a red light and had to hit the brakes kinda hard and the car started shaking and swaying back and forth something horrible and I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue...It kicked in way quicker than anything else I have ever driven and with the same stop my 1987 truck wouldnt have even skid at all so im not sure what the deal was! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Shawn
You say you braked kinda hard, so it must have picked up one of the wheels had locked, hence the ABS cutting in, what was the road/weather condition?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
andy-kitt said:
You say you braked kinda hard, so it must have picked up one of the wheels had locked, hence the ABS cutting in, what was the road/weather condition?
It was dry...im not sure because I have hit the brakes harder than that before and the ABS didnt kick on so im not sure if one of the wheels hit a dip and left the ground or what happened...It hasnt done it again with me trying so maybe it was just a fluke deal!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
How are your tires? Sometimes something simple like a low tire pressure will cause the tire not to grab like it is supposed to, and boom- ABS comes on.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
installermarc said:
How are your tires? Sometimes something simple like a low tire pressure will cause the tire not to grab like it is supposed to, and boom- ABS comes on.
Hmmm...guess ill check my tire pressure, they are some cheap off the wall tires that I dont care too much bout but they had good tread left so I figured wait till they are gone then upgrade so that may be the reason too! Thanks for the advice!
Shawn

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Sometimes a worn tire (like are on 2445 right now) or a hard compound tire (maybe like you have) will not let the brakes work to their potential. Boom- ABS.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
installermarc said:
Sometimes a worn tire (like are on 2445 right now) or a hard compound tire (maybe like you have) will not let the brakes work to their potential. Boom- ABS.
Ahh..I never really thought too much into it but the tires are probably a hard compound because they are really harsh when talking about ride quality...almost like they are solid!! haha But ill check into that and they havent done it again so maybe it was just a fluke! Hope it doesnt happen again, scared the crap outta me lol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.