Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had read somewhere (mustangweekly?? maybe?) that Ford was considering doing something for Bullitt owners since the car fell WAAAAAAY short of their expected HP rating - possible rebate check or adding HP in some form or another like they did when they dropped the ball with the Cobra's in 99? I think? anyway I kinda doubt it since we didn't even get the same freakin' movie our Canadian counterparts did but has any one else heard anything ?? Joe Bullitt 5467

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Joe Bullitt on 2001-10-11 20:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-11 20:43, Joe Bullitt wrote:
I had read somewhere (mustangweekly?? maybe?) that Ford was considering doing something for Bullitt owners since the car fell WAAAAAAY short of their expected HP rating - possible rebate check or adding HP in some form or another like they did when they dropped the ball with the Cobra's in 99? I think? anyway I kinda doubt it since we didn't even get the same freakin' movie our Canadian counterparts did but has any one else heard anything ?? Joe Bullitt 5467

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Joe Bullitt on 2001-10-11 20:48 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Joe, please click your heals three times and come back to reality. :grin: I think Ford would just rather forget all about us. The cars are out. Most seem to run. Of course the ones that don't......well....? On to the next project for Ford.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2001-10-12 08:26 ]</font>

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't think we have a shot of seeing anything from Ford. I would assume most of their planning and designing is going into future Mustangs such as the Mach1, the Boss, and my personal favorite, the Terminator.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The HP's correct from what I've read including posts on this site. Dyno readings of about 236 HP to the rear wheels. With approximately a 15% drivetrain loss it actually averages about 275 HP. There is a post from Ford on one of the forums stating the torque is 90% at 2200 RPMs compared to the GT's 3700. Much more power off the line. The Bullitt is only 12 FP less torque than the SVT even though it's 60 HP less. Mazda got in big trouble for over rating the Miata by 5 HP! Ford rated it at a consrvative 265 to avoid any more HP rating problems.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: barry bullitt on 2001-10-12 09:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: barry bullitt on 2001-10-12 09:42 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
"and Toto too?"
"Auntie Em.....Auntie Em!"
well, maybe the Great and Powerful Oz can give you some "free HP" but Ford will not! Team Mustang isn't thrilled that they ended up with only 265 but Ford stands behimd the Bullitt as it was delivered!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Actually Karl it costs some of us $5.00 per month for that HP. PC that is, I guess thats for the service provider we got.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well the original Brochure for the Bullitt that the dealer showed to me in June before the car hit the lot stated:

Functional
*Powertrain
-4.6L erngine with increased
horsepower (275) and torque
(315 lb.-ft.) (Preliminary Rating)

The MSRP of the entire Bullitt Package was $3,695. That brochure was slightly off anyway because every described feature was "versus Mustang GT Premium Coupe" which implied that the Mach 460 would be standard on the Bullitt since the Mach 460 is standard on the Premium version of the GT. NOT. The Mach 460 was more.

Bottom line, I think they covered their butts with the "preliminary rating" statement. And since I paid well under invoice for the car, I was not complaining for a price break just because the car was actually 265 instead of 275. Don't hold your breath.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts