Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy all,

Looking to acquire a 2001 Bullitt, Highland Green with 100k miles. Carfax report shows couple of strange items, wondering if others have seen something like this or have any insight what maybe going on here:

at 16 miles (before vehicle was sold, still at dealer): "Lower control arm(s) replaced"
at 120 miles (1st month): "Transmission replaced", "Clutch replaced"
at 8000 miles (1st year): "Engine mount(s) replaced"

from that point on, to date in 2022 at 100k miles, nothing but routine and recommended maintenance, no accidents, no modifications, nothing replaced over the years other than breaks, fluids, tires etc.

Any thoughts on what may have caused a brand new bullitt to need new "Lower Control Arms", new transmission at 120 miles and then new engine.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Lower control arm, probably damaged during shipment. Tie down attached to the wrong location and messed up the control arm.

Transmission, probably had issues with the 1-2 shift so they replaced the transmission prior to the release of the TSB. Lots of information about this problem in these forums.

Motor mounts, who knows?

Those are my guesses!

If you have a local Ford dealer that you are in good working relationship with the service manager, you might ask them to run an OASIS report on your VIN and see what information Ford has on your vehicle.

Good luck!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Sounds like someone was hungover the day the car was built :ROFLMAO:. But really, sometimes there are issues right from the factory that need to be fixed early. I've seen something like a car with 20,000 miles will be more reliable than a brand new car because most parts are made to last awhile so if they're going to fail there is a higher chance of them failing early. Depending what they are asking for the car I wouldn't be concerned with it. You could look at another 2001 Bullitt that has no such records in carfax that had even more work done that wasn't reported.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In addition to post #3…. When transmission was removed engine was not properly supported, damaging engine mounts.

Or…. It’s a Bullitt, someone attempted to reproduce the Bullitt jump scenes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts