Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find a few Mustang stickers.
They were everywhere last year and now that I need a few
(to use as masking to paint) I cant find them anywhere.

Any ideas??
Ive contacted two places that say they wont do them... :frown:
Robert

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand but I'd like to find a couple sets to use as a masking type of stencil to paint.

The stickers would not stay on the caliper.

Anyway....if you know a place that makes them please let me know.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I would like to find some caps or plugs to fit into the exterior holes to hide those UGLY Pad clips. Brushed stainless that would pop in and stay there would be nice.

Uh......oh.....don't mean to hijack, so I will give you the answer to the thread question.......

Just put masking tape over the pony and spend some time with a modeling knife and cut off the excess. It will take you less time to do this that it would to find something that does not exist.

Oh.....wait......my brushed stainless caps don't exist either........hummmmmmmmm

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
I would like to find some caps or plugs to fit into the exterior holes to hide those UGLY Pad clips. Brushed stainless that would pop in and stay there would be nice.

Uh......oh.....don't mean to hijack, so I will give you the answer to the thread question.......

Just put masking tape over the pony and spend some time with a modeling knife and cut off the excess. It will take you less time to do this that it would to find something that does not exist.

Oh.....wait......my brushed stainless caps don't exist either........hummmmmmmmm
Although not stainless, Ford sells little black adhesive inserts that actually fit into those holes. You might even buy a set ($10 or so) and then use them as a template to have some stainless ones machined. I can't see that they would cost much, but you would have to find someone to do it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok...can someone measure their pony please. I dont have one.
I was going to paint this on a S197 and I found someone to make it
but I need a measurement. please????

(Edit)- ya know.....on second thought....since they are custom I will measure the space available on the caliper.
Sooooooo nevermind.

Highjack at will. :wink:

·
Registered
656 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:

I just painted mine with hi temp black.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
that sucks

I hope someone can help out. Down the line if/when I need to do mine. I planed on powdercoating them, then putting the sticker on (figured I would do a chrome one) and clearing over it.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
This might sound a little strange but couldn't someone with Photoshop skills take a pic of the pony on the calipher and then size it correctly to make a template?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a girl who has the art saved (she actually said she has all Ford art) and can make them or the outline of it in a square - depends
on which you paint first.
She just needs the size. Im going to measure the caliper tomorrow and snag a few from her. She can do mirrors to so the pony isnt running backwards on one side. PM me if you want her info. She is on a Pontiac G6 site. :hyper2:
WOOT!!

Or if you need them for yours just measure it out and contact her.
I will give you a small hint but promise not to tell her I said this...!! She negotiates so haggle!!

I cant tell you how shocked I was that no one does these anymore. Do a search or look on eBay....they are all gone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts