Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a strange problem...last few mornings went out to work, only to see several birds flying around the Bullitt...they flutter about the side mirrors which is no big deal, but crap all over the doors.......

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
ummm, car cover? Shotgun? Standing by the car all day and night waving hands in the air???

:lol:

Sorry, no real practical advice other than by ready with the spray gun, that stuff is rather acidic...

EDIT: On second thought, if it is just the mirrors they like to stand on, why not create some kind of mirror cover that they won't perch on? I'll bet you could slip a wool sock over the mirror, then you just need to stick something to the sock so that birds won't wnat to stand on them. pieces of wire, or something...

·
Registered
825 Posts
XnarX said:
Got a strange problem...last few mornings went out to work, only to see several birds flying around the Bullitt...they flutter about the side mirrors which is no big deal, but crap all over the doors.......
You might think I'm kidding but I'm not. Order a couple of these and stick 'em on your roof....problem solved. They hate 'em!!
http://www.gemplers.com/product.aspx?itemNo=163157&s_kwcid=fake%20black%20crows|2811598045

·
Registered
576 Posts
XnarX said:
AED,

I can tell you what will not work. Plastic snakes and owl's. I worked in maintanece for years for a major food distributor and they didn't work for more than a week. I know we all use the term bird brained, but they are not stupid.

There are several electronic devices on the market but quite expensive. I think your best bet is a car cover and some Meguiar's Quik Detailer.

Marty

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Martin said:
AED,

I can tell you what will not work. Plastic snakes and owl's. I worked in maintanece for years for a major food distributor and they didn't work for more than a week. I know we all use the term bird brained, but they are not stupid.

There are several electronic devices on the market but quite expensive. I think your best bet is a car cover and some Meguiar's Quik Detailer.

Marty
Yeah, they learn quickly what a pellet gun is, too. Heck, they'll even sit there while you carry it around - but the instant you bring it to your shoulder.......

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ha, ha! The extension cord reminds me of a TRUE (I saw it...well, heard it) story. When I was a kid, our back door neighbor had his metal garbage cans outside in the side yard behind some bushes. One summer, in the dark of night, a large dog would come over on a nightly basis, tip over the cans, rummage thru them, and then pee all over them. Tried chasing it away a couple times, to no avail. Didn't take long for the neighbor to get REALLY tired of that! He hooked up a cord with one wire to the metal trash can and the other wire to a piece of metal screen he laid on the ground and covered with leaves and a little dirt. Sure enough, that night, about 11 PM, there was the loudest, longest series of howls you've ever heard! Dog never came back again! It's true and we laughed about it for years!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Not to be happy about an animal getting zapped but that is funny.

I changed my post because I was afraid someone would try it without understanding the whole "must complete the circuit" thing and frying their car.:cry: :cry:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Watch them bastards!
I left my last truck down at my mom and dads for a month or so in 07 before I sold it and the birds scratched the living hell out of it! They started with the mirrors and then went on to just flying into the sides of it, I guess fighting with their reflections. In less than a week they had made a 5+ thousand dollar paint and body job look like I had drove it through a chain link fence a few hundred times........one hell of a scuff and buff job with 2000 grit sand paper and a buffer still didnt get some of the scratches out. You better do something fast or I bet your Bullitt with look the same soon.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Reminds me of the problems they had at the power plant,across the street,from my work place. For some reason the area was a hang out for many Turkey Vultures.
They would eat the rubber wiper blades and trim off the parked cars!! The Game Dept,used small cannons,to produce noise,to scare them off. They are a protected species.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Wipe that sh*t off as soon as you spot it...if it's dried, then lay a damp cloth on to make it wet before wiping, otherwise you'll scratch the finish...

Then kill the birds...

Shoot them, gas them, put poisoned seed down, or corn laced with baking soda - it makes their stomachs expand and they literally explode in mid-air if you're lucky - we used to do this with pigeons, which are little better than flying rats at the best of times...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the input.....I washed both vehicles this morning, and by afternoon, they struck...I'd like to grab one of them and slap him around in front of his friends as a notice to leave the Bullitt alone, but the neighbors may complain....on a trip to Wallyworld bought some rubber snakes anyway, so I'll see if it will work, even if just a short time....I may have to get the fake crows and hang them in the trees, and will have to try the socks as well!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Arkady001 said:
I'm in a bad mood today...just kill everything that moves and let God sort it out...
Moods got nothing to do with it! I feel that way about flying toilets everyday!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Garage!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts