Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone on here lives in MI - specifically the Ann Arbor/Detroit suburbs? I know two people in my subdivision still have their Bullitts on order, but I have yet to see a personal-plate Bullitt on the road yet. (Manufacturer plates not included).

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Lok-n-Lod and I are in/around NW Indiana so i don't know how close, exaxtly that would be to you. I head out to Michigan City, IN, New Buffalo, MI quite a bit though. We may have to find a nice mutual place to get together for a meeting of sorts. It's always great to see another Bullitt and it's respective Bullitthead! :smile:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - I am just outside of Ann Arbor so it would be a 3 hour drive across state. However maybe there will be a combined state event sometime (?) I'd have to believe that there are a significant amount of Bullitt owners around Ford.

By the way, I pass dozen of Bullitts in a shipping holding lot everyday on my way home too...

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is STRAY BULLITT coming at ya, I'm from Jackson. Also I will be at Stanton on July 7th through 8th, at the NMRA event. I plan to run in the "MOD" motor class. #1297 is "stock" at this point. Anyone care to race?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I live in Southfield and work in Dearborn. #2764 does the drive everyday. I'll be in the Friday and Saturday Mustang Woodward cruise events. Hope to see you all there :grin: !!

·
Registered
77 Posts
DHG #1302........
I noticed your sig says, "1964 1/2 Mustang blue...289...automatic"
If I remember correctly, the 289 didn't appear until 1965 and the 1964 1/2 came with a 260 which was slightly bored to 289 for '65 and later. They gave my '65 Barracuda a good run for my money though. Have you restored it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: groovy on 2001-10-30 19:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-21 22:51, groovy wrote:
DHG #1302........
I noticed your sig says, "1964 1/2 Mustang blue...289...automatic"
If I remember correctly, the 289 didn't appear until 1965 and the 1964 1/2 came with a 265 which was slightly bored to 289 for '65 and later. They gave my '65 Barracuda a good run for my money though. Have you restored it?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

All these years I thought it was a 64 1/2...If you are correct then it was a 65....I no longer own the car...Had no idea at the time what I had ..... That goes for several of the nice cars I've owned through the years...I DO KNOW WHAT I HAVE WITH THE BULLITT!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
True Blue Bullitt 4043 is in Livonia, Michigan.

1969 SHELBY MUSTANG GT 350
1968 MUSTANG GT CONVERTIBLE
1989 MUSTANG GT 5.0

·
Registered
5 Posts
Live in Ypsilanti.

The wife drives #11 to Ann Arbor for work.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Have any of you done a gear change to your cars? I am thinking of 3.73. The gears are fairly cheap but the biggest problem is the installation cost. Any recommendations / connections? :grin:

·
Premium Member
8,775 Posts
Trueblue#1, I went to the 100 years of Ford Racing @ Greenfield Village on Saturday. The program said your Bullitt was supposed to be one of the exhibits. I didn't see it, was it on display?

·
Registered
148 Posts
When the sun shines my "garage queen" comes out in Flat Rock. 37 years at Ford Monroe Stamping. My plate says it all- Toytyme.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi this Is BULLITT KEV! Im from st. clair shores michigan. A suburb of detroit about 5 miles north east of detroit and would like to get the se michigan bullitts together next spring for a dust-off show and shine
We have a regular show on sunday nights at a
place called wild woodies and there is a place called cruzen collectables and my friend owns the place they have all knids of car stuff like all the latest 1/18 die-cast cars and lots of cool stuff. like bullitt movie posters and like things. for other qustions reguarding other collectibles call
bill schultz at 810-285-2277 he also will soon be reciving 1/18 scale 1968 bullitt cars

1 - 20 of 24 Posts