Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yes, I have under very hard acceleration from a standstill.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roushraven99, do you mean you accidently had it in fourth from a start, or you wailed on it through all the gears from a start?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ok, I don't know how you guys are doing it, but the best I can get is a chirp in second with the TC off. Have you made significant mods? Or have I been robbed of my HP somewhere? :smile: How many miles do you have on your Bullitts? Mine just hit 2,000 yesterday.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mine's been able to chirp 3rd more or less on demand since the day I got it with the TC off. When I was still getting a "feel" for the car, it wasn't so easy. Other than that, my only trouble was a few VERY hot/humid days where I think it just wasn't making the power. (Could have been just me.)

Joe

·
Registered
204 Posts
That could be my problem, still getting a feel for the car. Do you take it to redline before shifting or in the 5-6,000 range to bark in third? I've read that the HP flatlines in the 5,000 range.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
hey kurt, i think more experienced "aggressive" drivers(don't mean that negatively) can do it easier. it's difficult for me to get chirps out of 3rd!!!
i'm learning though!!!! :smile:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I agree. I'm a boot! My other cars have been automatics, but have a lot of experience with manuals (just not with a purebread!). I let my bud drive it one day, while I was in it of course, and he is a MUCH better driver than I. He's been racing for quite awhile and handled the car like it was nobody's business. Thanks though. :smile:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Another Va. Bullitthead. Welcome CoolerKing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-08-29 15:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Third seems 'easy' for me, but that's coming off of about 5500RPM's. And I guess it seems easy for me because I didn't have to flat shift it, just shift really fast, but smooth. I just have to wonder if 4th is even a possibility. I figure it would have to be somewhere around 90+ MPH. Anyone? And, you're right, the power band does flatten and eventually drops over 5000 R's. Don't forget, that it's the RPM where your NEXT gear will be that counts the most for keeping the power on strong. I think you've got to take the R's over 5500 to land inside the better part of the power band when you hit your next gear.

DHG #2095

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTCOUPE on 2001-08-29 16:37 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
so what are you saying Bob? that you're going to drive nice and easy from now on???
i'm pretty sure it will take a SERIOUS Valium script for you to do that!!!-LOL

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I chirped 4th once or twice, but that was because I was NOT doing the speed limit and was blazing past the 'slow' drivers. Um, I think I shifted at around 5.7, or 5.8, the usual shift points. I can't remember if I had the TC on or off. I have a lot easier time chirping 3rd with it off. Who knows.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm embarassed to admit how much I love getting rubber in 2 and 3. Sincerely abashed. However, I do like it alot, and I find that when I forget and leave the TC on, sometimes it will still get second pretty damn good. But it seems a lower pitched, more nasty sound than that squeal you get when you hit second hard with it off. :-B

Joe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG-1934 on 2001-08-29 18:56 ]</font>

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks Mus408! What part of VA are you from? With all this motivating talk about chirping and smokin tires, I think I will start practicing my 2nd and 3rd chirps, squeals, burnouts, flamin tires tonight! haha

·
Registered
360 Posts
The other nite I took a friend for a ride, showed her what #2832 can do. I got not quite a chirp, more of a "jump" shifting into 4th at redline. (does that make me a bada$$?)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-29 16:14, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
I just rotated my tires for my trip and noticed the rear tires suffered some serious damage from my chirping routine. 2 spots are really gouged out. No more of this sh*t. :sad:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Bob,
I admit I've chriped 'em while really getting on it....but ya know...when it comes time to replace them...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, Bullittgirl, anything approaching a chirp, bump, or jump when hitting 4th qualifies you as a badda$$, and a beautiful one at that!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
CoolerKing,Way south of you.......Richmond-Chesterfield area. Yes I can get a chirp also going into third,sign of a good clutch I guess.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts