Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed my throwout bearing is making some racket. Not a high pitch, but more of a dieseling sound when engaged. When you push the pedal, the noise goes away. At least I assume it's the throwout bearing.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
That sounds like what I am experiencing. Not much of a sound, very slight, but while sitting in neutral I can hear it. When I push the clutch in it goes away. I only have about 310 miles on it and it has been like this since new. I don't think it is a problem though. I hope not anyway.

Brad
DHG #4865
:bullitt:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Noticed the same thing I think. I didn't really consider that it could be a problem. Metal against metal, now thats a problem...this I can live with.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Some noise is normal folks. All three of my sn-95's have it.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It may well have been there before, but I didn't notice. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have Bullitt #244 which now has 1,011 miles on it. My throwout bearing is making noise also. I dont think it is normal for it to be that loud. I had a 96 Gt, a 91 GT and a 87 GT and none of them nade noise. Great car but alot of little annoying quirks.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
That is exactly what mine is doing. I figured that it might not be related to the throwout bearing because as Bob said when the clutch is pushed in there is no noise. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Bullitt 2276 has started having the same noise. Just rolled over the 1000 mile mark. The noise was just noticed last night.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts