Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back, one of the many things we were all complaining about was a ticking noise that sounded as if it was coming from underneath the dash. It sounds as if it is behind the speedo. Has anyone gotten this fixed and if so what was wrong in the first place? My car has been doing this more and more lately. It only does it while I'm on the highway. Anyone have a fix? Occasionally it doesn't do it, but more often than not it does.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My noise may be different, but I had a sqweal/tick coming from my dash. I would have my wife listen for it when I was driving, but could never find it. I thought it was the CD player rattling. It turned out to be the plastic (vent piece) at the bottom of the windshield outside of the car. It was loose and when I would play with it it made the sound (rubbing the glass). I just tightened her up a little and she was good to go. It made sense because the sound only started when I was doing 45 MPH or more. Pounding on my dash really didn't help either but my baby accepted my apology. :smile: Hope that helps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the hint. I'll check it out when I get home tonight. Hopefully thats it because it's starting to drive me nuts.

Someone else had mentioned that the sound was coming from the fuel lines, or something like that, which ran along the fire wall. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

·
Registered
139 Posts
bullitt/gg, it does with me. well sorta.
The other day I broke out my auto stethoscope and was listening for the "tick" and let me just say before anyone yells at me that I am only speaking for my car. My tick is definitely the injectors. Specifically the loudest tick was heard from back driver's side fuel rail or closest to the firewall.

Aaron #0685

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#0685 on 2002-03-08 11:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
255 Posts
My ticking noise was a bad drivers side head. They replaced it and the car has run tick free for 2 months now. The only sound I hear now is the glorious sound of the exhaust under WOT :wink:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I had this nast scream sound comming from the dash when I turned the AC on and the ac was bearly blowing anything out. Come to find out a shoping bag had been sucked up in the vents from under the pasenger side. talk about feeling like an idiot when i took it in to get looked at.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i had the same noise and had dealer check it
out, there is a fix for this.however that was
not my problem. the next time you hear the
noise.put foot under the clutch pedal and
lift up gently.if it goes away e mail me i
can tell you exactly what it is.

shorty

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm not going to be with the car until Sunday so I will check it out then. Thanks again, I'll let you know how I make out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts