Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm not only old, but Old-School also.

On my 05 and 07 GT, I put in the Hurst Shifter. Loved it in both. Now comes the Question, How do I save my knuckles when slamming third, but keep the look of the Bullitt in tact? Hurst is out of the Question for this baby. Has anyone done the MGW shifter? And if so, can it accomodate the Bullitt Knob and Sleeve.
As smooth as it is, third and fifth are just too far away, for the type of shifting I like to do. The MGW looks to be the best fit I can find, and I like the fact that the springs and stops are adjustable.

Sooooo, any thought's out there. I really am not ready to talk to George at MGW yet, as I'd like some personal feedback from other's here on the subject. Especially as to just how much modifing will be required to do such a venture.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BiteTheBullitt0793 said:
ol'dave,

as we say in the south..."i'm fixin to find out!" i have an mgw shifter being shiped as i type. i will be knee deep into the answers to your questions next week. until then, you might take a look here if you havn't done so already:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=450168

the fellow that provided these instructions goes by the name Taco Bill, and he has posted many, many instructional threads to assist folks on doing their own installs. hope this helps brother.

I've already disassembled the console, down to the floor. And to me anyway, it appears different from my 05 and 07 GT's. ie, less room. Meaning, modding may have to be done. I was actually surprised how easy the Hurst install was. It does not look as though it would be the same process with the Bullitt. I'm a TMS member also, and have been scouring those archives, but NONE address the BULLIT persee.

Also, I had an 03 Mach1 also, and was ready to go with the Pro 5.0, but I just couldn't handle the Torch Red Color any longer, so decided against any major upgrades. (Did luv that Clutch though).

Sooooooooo, more research. 5.0 vs MGW. Please keep us up on your install, and especially what your doing about the final "look" as well as feel. thx.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.