Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Anyone done a track event yet?

587 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Bullitt4001 
#1 ·
Has anyone put a Bullitt on a road course yet? Leave the car stock? What tire pressures? What kind of rubber?

Does any of the Mustang Clubs put on Drivers Ed events? Club racing? I've run Porsches and BMW's in the past, not sure if I want to track the Bullitt (not crazy about the understeer), so I just wanted to see if anyone else has. Sorry for so many questions.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Well, you're a long way from the mountains now! Actually, we have a lot of places to run- Charlotte, VIR re-opened in VA, a new track in SC called Carolina Motorsports Park (my favorite), Roebling Road. I liked Rockingham too, but it closed to clubs 3-4 years ago.

I'm using 34 in the front on the street, and it is helping a little with the push. 32 in the rear.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
What is it about Mustang's eating brake pads? Years ago I had an instructor who drove a '93 Cobra, a car built for the old Firehawk series and had never seen street miles. He said he had to replace pads every third event! I put one set of front pads on a 993 that I tracked 7-8 times and 20,000 street miles. Does Pagid or Ferodo make pads for Mustangs?

Discussion starter · #9 ·
So, with new calipers that used larger pads, the wear would improve? I assume braking would too. My guess is if you went to four pistons, the master cylinder would need upgrading as well. Roush uses Alcan calipers (I think) but I also think they're pricy. Pads, on the other hand, are cheap.

How do you like the 914? A friend of mine in Mooresville, NC runs one. It's a mean autocross car, but a moving chicane on the big track due to its lack of motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.